Arb ascent canopy wiring

Arb ascent canopy wiring

Postby Cbx747 on Sat, 12 Nov 2022 3:40 +0000

Gday, I just purchased a 2nd hand arb canopy, and I am a bit confused on how to hook up the central locking. The canopy came with a 4 pin plug which would have been long enough to reach near the b pillar on the passenger side.

I previously had a hard lid installed which used a 2wire central locking mech on the lid. 2wires directly to the lock, 1 earth, 1 positive for light and 1 door open switchwire.
However the arb canopy seems to only have 4 wires one being the brake light, one the 12v positive to the interior light, one earth and the green the central locking trigger.

Is there a relay of some sort I can use to convert the 2 wire signal to the 1 wire central locking signal?

Thanks for your help
Cbx747

Re: Arb ascent canopy wiring

Postby Cbx747 on Sat, 12 Nov 2022 3:42 +0000

Cbx747 wrote:Gday, I just purchased a 2nd hand arb canopy, and I am a bit confused on how to hook up the central locking. The canopy came with a 4 pin plug which would have been long enough to reach near the b pillar on the passenger side.

I previously had a hard lid installed which used a 2wire central locking mech on the lid. 2wires directly to the lock, 1 earth, 1 positive for light and 1 door open switchwire.
However the arb canopy seems to only have 4 wires one being the brake light, one the 12v positive to the interior light, one earth and the green the central locking trigger.

Is there a relay of some sort I can use to convert the 2 wire signal to the 1 wire central locking signal?

Thanks for your help
Also I'm unsure if there is possibly a module or relay he hasn't given me
Cbx747

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 13 Nov 2022 4:54 +0000

Cbx747 wrote:
Cbx747 wrote:Gday, I just purchased a 2nd hand arb canopy, and I am a bit confused on how to hook up the central locking. The canopy came with a 4 pin plug which would have been long enough to reach near the b pillar on the passenger side.

Thanks for your help
Also I'm unsure if there is possibly a module or relay he hasn't given me

You mention it's an ARB branded canopy, try asking at an ARB outlet for a wiring diagram, or maybe do a google search?
Rob_Wood

Postby Mild23 on Sun, 09 Apr 2023 7:20 +0000

I have purchased the arb plug n play loom for my arb ascent canopy to suit 2022 hilux does anyone have instructions for the loom cheers
Mild23

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 09 Apr 2023 9:13 +0000

Mild23 wrote:I have purchased the arb plug n play loom for my arb ascent canopy to suit 2022 hilux does anyone have instructions for the loom cheers

See my other post above, same advice applies.
Rob_Wood

Postby buzz83 on Mon, 05 Jun 2023 1:28 +0000

Mild23 wrote:I have purchased the arb plug n play loom for my arb ascent canopy to suit 2022 hilux does anyone have instructions for the loom cheers

Do you have a picture of the ARB Plug and Play loom? What's the part number?
I'm in a similar situation, but probably need to get an auto electrician to sort it as we go on a trip in 3 weeks.

There's an existing loom in my canopy with a ~1m at the front left with 4 pins.
Black = Negative (12v -)
Red = 12V + Constant (for interior light)
Green = Central locking (requires 12v + Constant for the solenoids to work and be unlocked)
Yellow = brake light 12v+

Two problems -
Hilux central locking uses 12v + pulse for lock and unlock (two separate pins/wires in passenger footwell).
Probably needs a latching relay, but would need one that can take both the lock and unlock pulse as separate signals.

Tail lights are negatively switched. Probably need a relay on the negative wire to pass through a 12v + when the brake lights are on.
buzz83

Postby buzz83 on Wed, 07 Jun 2023 4:04 +0000

buzz83 wrote:

Do you have a picture of the ARB Plug and Play loom? What's the part number?
I'm in a similar situation, but probably need to get an auto electrician to sort it as we go on a trip in 3 weeks.

There's an existing loom in my canopy with a ~1m at the front left with 4 pins.
Black = Negative (12v -)
Red = 12V + Constant (for interior light)
Green = Central locking (requires 12v + Constant for the solenoids to work and be unlocked)
Yellow = brake light 12v+

Two problems -
Hilux central locking uses 12v + pulse for lock and unlock (two separate pins/wires in passenger footwell).
Probably needs a latching relay, but would need one that can take both the lock and unlock pulse as separate signals.

Tail lights are negatively switched. Probably need a relay on the negative wire to pass through a 12v + when the brake lights are on.

Relay box is 668PJ015 and it's dirt cheap ($64)
Vehicle harness for 15-20 SR5 is 668PJ019 (~$120).

Had a friendly ARB dealer share the install guide that had the part numbers and found the parts in stock so have my long weekend plans sorted...
buzz83

Return to Electrical