Need an active ignition trigger on Pin 2 of trailer plug

Re: Need an active ignition trigger on Pin 2 of trailer plug

Postby Gipsy on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 10:59 +0000

Always good to have the last word eh? What you DID SAY is that only people who have demonstrated their expertise and qualifications must be listened to, otherwise it's just 'pub talk'. As you said
Quote:"
I would also appreciate the expert clarifying his credentials and 40 years in the trade is good enough for me to get the picture and trust he has good reason for suggesting something. Particularly when he is always helping people here a lot.

It was not ego, if you think it is then there is a problem somewhere else that needs to addressed outside the forum."

So I gather that in order for anyone to be taken as an authority, they must first post their experience and qualifications. Wow that's going to be interesting... What are your qualifications and expertise? Diplomatic corps or foreign affairs maybe?
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Bushwalker8 on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 11:25 +0000

Gipsy wrote:What you DID SAY is that only people who have demonstrated their expertise and qualifications must be listened to, otherwise it's just 'pub talk'. As you said

Sorry, incorrect again. I did not say any of "only" or "must" or "otherwise it's just 'pub talk" etc. I simply said I personally would appreciate and defer to an experts opinion over others.

If you are having a problem moving on then please at least try to get your facts right before posting. :roll:
Bushwalker8

Postby Gipsy on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:17 +0000

Question, what qualifications are required to make a post? Show me yours first... Maybe you have expert or a "qualified" opinion. Marriage counselling maybe? I would appreciate to know your qualifications so I can defer to you!
Yes I would like to move on, so what's stopping you?
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Postby Gipsy on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:41 +0000

I've just read through this entire thread and bushwalker has NOT made any contribution to the original topic other than to snipe at others! I'm interested in what qualifications or expertise allow for this.
The main thread of my contribution was directly addressed to the original topic but it seems others just want to snipe at anyone they disagree with (but never on topic!).
Assumed qualification... 18 years old and 6 months ownership of a gen 8 Hilux?
Gipsy

Postby Gipsy on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:54 +0000

TheGruffulo wrote:Thanks Gipsy. That seems like a much cheaper alternative!
Gipsy

Postby Gipsy on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 1:40 +0000

Bushwalker8 wrote:
Mudgee mud wrote:
Would you not be offended? Would you not reply to such?

No, I wouldn't be whatsoever. I would highly appreciate and respect an expert pointing out when other advice is going off track as it typically does in forums and saving me from potential headaches.

I would also appreciate the expert clarifying his credentials and 40 years in the trade is good enough for me to get the picture and trust he has good reason for suggesting something. Particularly when he is always helping people here a lot.

It was not ego, if you think it is then there is a problem somewhere else that needs to addressed outside the forum.

Bushwalker's contribution to the thread regarding bcdc setup. Totally OFF Topic
Gipsy

Postby Mudgee mud on Mon, 29 Nov 2021 4:09 +0000

Gipsy wrote:Ok so from that I understand, unless we post our 'expert' status and qualifications we have no authority to post here then?

No, that's is not what meant at all. I was asking him only in this case. As he mentioned he was always making cash from such DIY'S. I was asking what sort of such work/qualifications/experience. Thought a qualified auto sparky would of had the answer.... I have no gripe with anyone advising "this is a job best left to the experts, just pay for it to be done" !
But this was not the case! We all make mistakes, but the few words used bagging forums, and forum members/input ruffled my feathers. His advice post of downloading the models information was spot on! Beat me to it.
We have all heard BS/ bad pub talk info, and bad advice on forums and YouTube! Up to the individual to ascertain such.
And I don't think anyone could find saying that part offensive.
Mudgee mud

Postby Gipsy on Tue, 30 Nov 2021 5:05 +0000

Whoa!! My comment was not for you Mudgee, I agree with all that you said. If you read my previous post it was specifically aimed at someone who was sniping at me for being off topic but check his contribution to the topic!
My issue here was the contempt shown to other users here at newhilux. I just want some respect shown to all of us here and I wish this was not as I put it 'some bizarre pissing contest'. Hopefully the temperature comes down and we can all get along, which is what I said a long time ago and still hope for it.
You might also notice that I gave the precise advice to Gruffalo BEFORE said professional auto sparky chimed in with his objectionable comment. That's why I was (sarcastically) calling for qualifications. If you read the entire thread you will see my objection to the name calling and 'smarter than you' attitude displayed here.
Gipsy

Postby Mudgee mud on Tue, 30 Nov 2021 8:31 +0000

All good mate! It got messy .perhaps admin can't tidy it up perhaps. :roll:
Mudgee mud

Postby Gipsy on Tue, 30 Nov 2021 10:27 +0000

Not sure if admin will tidy it up. The essence of all the off-topic bs makes a valid point: let's respect each other and stop sniping just because you don't like what is being posted. Especially for those who chime in with offensive posts which are;
1 way out of line and
2 totally off-topic
Gipsy

Postby Mudgee mud on Tue, 30 Nov 2021 11:46 +0000

Yep! Very true. The Auto electrical field has had a massive leap in the involvement of vehicles since the HQ Holden days. Spot lights and a cassette player where probably the biggest retro fit back then. And the old air horn! :lol:
Mudgee mud

Postby Gipsy on Wed, 01 Dec 2021 4:50 +0000

True, I go back way before HQ Holden. :o my first car was an Austin A30 :shock: and plenty has changed since then. Removing the head and a valve grind every second weekend :lol: all before I was 15. Cut my teeth there and went on to Rolls Royce Merlin V12 rebuilds and dyno testing! Ahh those were the days... Long before forums and trolls :lol:
Gipsy

Previous

Return to Electrical