Mianlube oils

Gearboxs, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Mianlube oils

Postby Quadcams on Tue, 23 Feb 2010 5:23 +0000

I am about to change all my oils (engine, transmission, transfer case, diff) to Mailbube oils. I first started using Mainlube in my last car which had the T56 6speed and the only oil you could use was Transmax Z (due to normal gear oils breaking down the bonding of the syncros) but Transmax is a auto trans oil and use to break down very quickly and the box became noisy and had to change my oil every 20-30,000km, untill Mainlube came along, the results were amasing to say the least, box went quiet, silky smooth changes. I cannot speak highly enough about Mainlube and Steve's service and knowledge (properly one of the most knowledgeable people with oils in Aus).
The information he can give you about flushing your engines, trans, diff which will dramatically prolong the life, also using magnetics on your sump plugs to catch metal and alot more tips how to make you engine, trans etc last alot longer.
His oils are not cheap as he is not a big dollar organization and cannot adsorb development costs like the big oil companies do therefor has to be push across to the products.
Mainlube oils will last alot longer than other oils which should be taken into account, for example the Gear oil I used in my old T56 could be run for over 120,000km no worries as long as you follow the flushing procedure to eliminate previous metal particles left from the old oil used.
If you want your engine, trans, diffs to last more than twice as long than normal, give Mainlube a go.
You cannot buy Mainlube from retail outlets, you have to deal direct with Mainlube, they will deliver anywhere in Aus next day (well with in reason).

I will speak to Steve from Mainlube to see if he wants to become a forum sponsor, as the info he has is second to none on oils.
Quadcams

Return to Drive Train Components