07 hilux trans/clutch noise

Gearboxs, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

07 hilux trans/clutch noise

Postby roobarb on Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:14 +0000

Hello i purchased a hilux d4d dualcab d4d manual about 2 weeks ago from a private sale,1 owner 78k on clock.last week i have noticed a constant chirping sound while clutch is out seems to get louder when it gets hot,goes away when clutch pedal is depressed,happens when idiling and driving.Clutch seems fine no slipping or anything.Went to Toyota today and mechanic had a listen and said box will need to come out to take a look and if it is the clutch toyota may/may not repair it under warranty,car only has 4 weeks of the 3yr warranty left.Had a search through these forums and found some posts about thrust bearings going on these which sounds similar to my problem,so if it turns out it is the bearing will i still have to fight toyota about warranty ? and what sort of costs would be involved ? spent basically all my savings on the vechile,should of got it properly checked over i guess before buying it but didnt notice any problems before i purchased.
Thankyou for any help
roobarb

Re: 07 hilux trans/clutch noise

Postby McSumWay on Mon, 02 Nov 2009 2:35 +0000

Mate that sounds exactly like the thrust bearing and they need to cover it under warranty. Don't take no for an answer as it is a known problem. They are just trying it on as its about to go out of warranty.

If you get no luck with the grunt at the desk speak to the manager.

Warren
I have nothing good to say down here so I wont say anything at all
McSumWay

Postby KTM525EXC on Mon, 02 Nov 2009 2:53 +0000

McSumWay wrote:Mate that sounds exactly like the thrust bearing and they need to cover it under warranty. Don't take no for an answer as it is a known problem. They are just trying it on as its about to go out of warranty.

If you get no luck with the grunt at the desk speak to the manager.

Warren

x2
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby roobarb on Mon, 02 Nov 2009 3:08 +0000

Thanks for the replys,they called today and told me to bring it in in the morning but could take up to a week if they have to get parts ect.Mechanic said he looked for tech bulletins about input shaft but couldnt find any,but he said it should be covered but clutches can be iffy with toyota.i did mention about hearing about thrust bearing problems(thanks to these forums) and will mention again in the morning.
Thanks again
roobarb

Return to Drive Train Components