2014 Auto not changing from 4th to 5th

Gearboxs, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

2014 Auto not changing from 4th to 5th

Postby Nico63 on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 12:43 +0000

Travelling from Pilbara overnight on Friday the transmission went through the gears to 4th & stayed there. I decided to pull up for a sleep & look at it later. Woke up, drove off and it went through all gears smoothly, no issues for the rest of the journey.
Now in Perth today it has done the same 5 times when going through gears after lights, she stays in 4th !! If I pull over, turn car off for a few mins then start it drives away normal through all gears. Few sets of lights later it gets stuck in 4th......
Need to head home Tuesday so trying to diagnose as quick as I can.
Not towing, no great load, just serviced 2000km ago.
Nico63

Re: 2014 Auto not changing from 4th to 5th

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 4:37 +0000

Nico63 wrote:Travelling from Pilbara overnight on Friday the transmission went through the gears to 4th & stayed there. I decided to pull up for a sleep & look at it later. Woke up, drove off and it went through all gears smoothly, no issues for the rest of the journey.
Now in Perth today it has done the same 5 times when going through gears after lights, she stays in 4th !! If I pull over, turn car off for a few mins then start it drives away normal through all gears. Few sets of lights later it gets stuck in 4th......
Need to head home Tuesday so trying to diagnose as quick as I can.
Not towing, no great load, just serviced 2000km ago.

How long ago was your last "Automatic Transmission" Serviced as opposed to just having a general service? I keep hearing stories about how all the great new technologies mean you don't need to change out oils and things last forever.
I guess I'm "Old School" ... NOTHING Lasts forever.
Rob_Wood

Return to Drive Train Components