Luhrsy n80 moneypit

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Luhrsy n80 moneypit

Postby Luhrsy on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 4:01 +0000

aedeau wrote:hey, what's the offset on your wheels? Had a look at the KMC website and they only have your wheels in zero offset listed with the toyota bolt pattern. Going by your pics, they don't really look like zero offset rims as I would expect them to stick out more. The reason I ask is I have +18 offset wheels on 265 tyres and want to fit 285s, but think wider tyres are gonna hit my UCAs.

Also, are you still running stock UCAs? Reckon you could post a pic of the angle when you're sitting flat and wheels are straight? My UCAs are at a fairly extreme angle, so I'm tossing up between getting blackhawks or SPC/caloffroad UCAs.

EDIT: pic of my UCA angle for comparison

Hey mate,

Wheels are 17x9 + 18. I am running black hawk UCAS, Cant get a photo at the moment due to being away for work. When I'm home next i can get a pic if you like. The aftermarket UCA give abit more room for wider rims and tyres.
Luhrsy

Postby Luhrsy on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 4:03 +0000

Merkin wrote:hey mate, how are you finding the arb ascent canopy?
ive got a hardlid, but thinking of going down this path.
How is it for dust and water proof-ness?? does the central locking work on all windows, or just the rear?
any info much appreciated!
cheers.

Hey mate,

I love the ARB ascent canopy. Ive not had any other canopies to compare to but would highly recommend the extra money. Central locking works for all 3 windows. Only issue i have had was a poor earth (my fault as i installed it and didn't tighten it up properly) no issues with dust or water getting in at the moment, Might change if you had the air vent on top open though.
Luhrsy

Postby Luhrsy on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 4:11 +0000

Quick update on a couple of things,

I got some super centre drawers and a 110w solar panel that is run through the project DC-DC. Pretty happy with the outcome, had to adjust where i had the maxtrax mounted for the solar panel but seems to work well for what i was after. I had a good trial run when i went camping at Teewah beach over easter.
Later on that week i went to glasshouse (it had been raining abit the week leading up to it) and i wouldn't recommend it after rain, Tracks were pretty hard and i ended up getting abit excited and dented the guard on a bank aswell as getting dirt in the bead of the tyre not to mention mud everywhere :shock: ImageImage

Don't worry, I got it repaired :lol:
Luhrsy

Postby HiLuxxy on Wed, 04 Jul 2018 10:37 +0000

g'day, nice truck there.
How did the Hilux go on the trip, any issue besides hitting that log and bending the left front end?
How did it compare to your old Hilux?
HiLuxxy

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups