Hilux Revo 2017 -Bali - Hilux Dble Cabin 2.5 V A/T

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Hilux Revo 2017 -Bali - Hilux Dble Cabin 2.5 V A/T

Postby clue8000 on Wed, 23 Aug 2017 7:20 +0000

Hey Folks,

I'm an Aussie, but live in Bali and have just ordered a new Hilux Double Cabin 2.5 V (4x4) A/T DIESEL (Black) (spewing can’t get 2.8L but anyway) which should arrive in next week or so. My last Hilux was also Double Cabin Petrol 2009 last time I was in Australia. I’m looking to make this a little monster truck so I can go touring through Indonesian island and for general transportation around the Island including camping, putting motorbikes on, generally carting people, but some serious off-road 4x4.

There is several challenges here, is its really not easy here to find information or suppliers here in Bali especially when it comes to the type of upgrades I want todo. To get things done so I’m relying on the internet heavily and on this forum and previous knowledge with my old beast. One of cool things here is there is no rregulations, laws or rules so I can pretty much do what I want.

It near impossible to just order from Australia and get things delivered here, tax, customs and extortion. The other issues is trusting local mechanics to be able to fit things safely. On inspection around at lots of the local place everything is fake. Fake Wheels, Fake suspensions, all from china, talking to other expats here there is some horror stories, which wheels snapping in half on pot holes. Therefore I want to try to make this as safe as possible as some of the roads here are mental. if stuff breaks I’m really alone.

This is my current build or planning list but not yet set in stone, most of this list I’ve spent significant amount of time researching what I can actually source here. I’ve included multiple options as generaly this is all I can get closed to specification.

Performance
TJM Snorkel Kit (Safari)
Snorkel Kit TJM
K&N Air Filter Replacement
Race Chip
CPA Chip
Engine Remap - If can find Dyno or expert.
Muffler and exhaust system (TIapan)

Suspension Options
50mm Tough Dog 4x4 - Lift Kit 2" - 9 Step Adjustable (Soft to Hard)
3 Inch 75mm Dobinsons 3" MRR (Monotube Reservoir)
2inch 50mm Suspension RAW
2inch (50mm) VMN Body Lift kit for Styleside Toyota Hilux From Australia, brought up in suitcase.
Diff Lock - Unknown
Diff Drop - Unknown
SuperPro Upper Control Arm
SuperPro Upper Control Arm
Anti roll bar front and rear white
Steering Damper?
Pan Rod ?

Tyres
BFGOODRICH MUD-TERRAIN T/A KM2 LT 305/60/R18
BF Goodrich MT KM2 285/70 R18
BF Goodrich MT KM2 285/75 R17 (Prefer or bigger)
BG Goodrich MT KM2 265/70 R17
BG Goodrich MT KM2 285/70 R17
GOODYEAR WRANGLER MT/R 305/70R17 119Q
Toyo Open Country MT 295/70 R17 128P
Toyo Open Country MT 265/70 R17 121p
Toyo Open Country MT 265/75 R17
Toyo Open Country MT 285/75 R16 126P 10 PR

Wheels:
KMC rockstars XD827 RS3 17inch rims
KMC Rockstar 18inch XD811 RS2
Fuel Vapor - D560 17inch or 18inch (Prefer Not sure on Offset)
Fuel Vapor - D560 17inch (Prefer Not sure on Offset)
KMC XD822 Monster II 17inch or 18inch
KMC XD832 17inch or 18inch
Method Racing MR307 17inch or 18ch

Note: Love to have the wheels hanging out over the body to give it a beefy look. No laws on this here.

Body
Roof racks with LED bar at front (rhino)
Rock and lock Back sliding cover - Unable to source
Considering Painting whole car Matt Black.

Engine Protection
OffroadX Crank Guard
Jungle Crank Guard

Lighting & Batteries
LED BAR
Australialian Headlights with LED (Not standard here in Indonesia)
Dual batteries setup & isolator, ability to use for starter
Light Force 215 Wiring
Light Force 215 (9"/Flood)

Accessories
Door window shades
Front bonner TRD grill (No Brand)
3M Tinting 40 to 60% All windows
TJM 12V Air Compressor

Rear Bumber
Jungle Piak Rear Bumper Bar

Bull Bar
Jungle Piak Front Bullbar
Offroad X Racewolf Front Bullbar
TJM Outback Front Bullbar

Winch
WARN VR 8,000
WARN TABOR 10,000

I really do need help though, I have no idea of what size rims to get either 17inch or 18inch rims and if I can fit the wheels that I have listed will fit with the body lift and suspension. Plus the offset does my head in. I've read nearly every page on this forum but still can't get my head around it. I’m really tossing up between the 3 Inch 75mm Dobinsons 3" MRR (Monotube Reservoir) & 50mm Tough Dog 4x4 - Lift Kit 2" - 9 Step Adjustable (Soft to Hard). I heard the Dobinsons are really hard to drive on and some good reviews on the 50mm Tough Dog. But then I loose height, I'm going for big and large.

Really keen for peoples advice on this, and I’ll keep uploading photos and updates which I’m sure will be entertaining considering I’m doing it here in Bali.

Thanks Guys Michael
clue8000

Re: Hilux Revo 2017 -Bali - Hilux Dble Cabin 2.5 V A/T

Postby M1Tanker on Wed, 23 Aug 2017 9:21 +0000

clue8000,

I live in Thailand and own a 2016 Toyota Hilux Revo 4x4 2.8G A/T and 2016 Toyota Hilux Revo 2.4J. The trucks are manufactured here but Toyota Thailand doesn't offer near the functional accessories that Toyota Australia nor Toyota New Zealand do. I have contacted both and because of company policy I can't purchase accessories from them. I have searched the internet as well to find both quality OEM accessories and aftermarket accessories. Most quality aftermarket accessories for the Hilux come from Australia.

Here in Thailand there is a good 4x4 shop called VVP4x4 (http://www.vvp4x4.com and https://www.facebook.com/vvp4x4/?ref=br_rs). The listed office telephone number is +662 320 2207-9. The listed showroom telephone number is +662 721 3161-5 or +662 721 3161. The company sells quality products. The shop is located in Bangkok, not far from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport. I recommend contacting Mr. Nart Nitipisanon (sales@vvp4x4.com). He may be able to assist you and he may know people in Bali.

M1Tanker
M1Tanker

Re: Hilux Revo 2017 -Bali - Hilux Dble Cabin 2.5 V A/T

Postby clue8000 on Thu, 24 Aug 2017 11:01 +0000

Thanks for the Info. Yeh buying directly from Toyota, I asked about accessories and they thought it was a stupid question. Thanks for the Links might pay todo a trip to Thailand with some large suitcases.
clue8000

Return to Member Build Ups