Stodd85's 2016 SR5 Build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Stodd85's 2016 SR5 Build

Postby CHUTCH on Sat, 26 Jan 2019 7:39 +0000

Cool build mate, question, where did you get the water tank? I have been trying to find one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CHUTCH

Postby Myralga on Sat, 26 Jan 2019 11:11 +0000

CHUTCH wrote:Cool build mate, question, where did you get the water tank? I have been trying to find one

Hey mate I have two in my ute

Stainless tank underneath is 36L made by the long ranger.

http://thelongranger.com.au/toyota/hilu ... ent/tw16ss

Very simple and very nice and tidy install (only works with standard tank or their long range tank options.)

The other was a bit of a slap job but works a bloody treat.

I have a generic 80L hanging bladder behind the rear seat.

http://www.fleximake.com.au/Home/EachPr ... aa89fc3f75

Both are currently filled by pressure hose with gravity drain but I do have a water pump I eventually want to install to make it a lot nicer to use.

Both are brilliant on long trips and short. (Stainless underneath gets rather warm in summer so added bonus of being able to use to wash dishes etc.)

Myralga

Stodd85's 2016 SR5 Build

Postby CHUTCH on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 5:48 +0000

Myralga wrote:
CHUTCH wrote:Cool build mate, question, where did you get the water tank? I have been trying to find one

Hey mate I have two in my ute

Stainless tank underneath is 36L made by the long ranger.

http://thelongranger.com.au/toyota/hilu ... ent/tw16ss

Very simple and very nice and tidy install (only works with standard tank or their long range tank options.)

The other was a bit of a slap job but works a bloody treat.

I have a generic 80L hanging bladder behind the rear seat.

http://www.fleximake.com.au/Home/EachPr ... aa89fc3f75

Both are currently filled by pressure hose with gravity drain but I do have a water pump I eventually want to install to make it a lot nicer to use.

Both are brilliant on long trips and short. (Stainless underneath gets rather warm in summer so added bonus of being able to use to wash dishes etc.)

Thanks mate,

You have inspired me, looking at installing a water tanks over the wheel arch. I will have to mod ( slightly) my draw system.

By the way , what are the two fittings you use at the front for the tap

CHUTCH

Postby Stodd85 on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 6:22 +0000

Sartor wrote:Very nice and tidy setup!

Where did you run the wires to the back of the UTE (did you use to run them through the left rear stop light or somewhere else)?

Yeah, cable route is run through the rear left tail light. I have an Anderson plug and another connector run through a penetration into the tub for power and ignition.
Stodd85

Postby Stodd85 on Mon, 28 Jan 2019 6:32 +0000

Hi Mate, Thanks.

I got the tank from Dunn Watson. There are few online, I found this one to be the most reasonable priced, and although I have not completed the install appears to be pretty good quality.

Link to the tank.https://dunnandwatson.com.au/shop/autom ... ater-tank/

The tank came with the valve, and I contacted them and purchased a second valve so that I could have one for gravity feed, which is also to drain the tank, and one for pump feed.

I then got the swivel right angle hose fittings from Bunnings, this seemed to work great for space as they swivel upward perfectly to fit inside the tail gate. When I finish plumbing all the hose up, I plan to have a small length of hose with a hose fitting on it that can stay attached and swivel up out the way for easy access for washing hands and the like.
Stodd85

Postby Bh.lux on Thu, 31 Jan 2019 5:53 +0000

Top job mate
Bh.lux

Postby Stodd85 on Mon, 06 May 2019 7:54 +0000

Update on a few extras I have added recently. Got a Rhino rack platform rack and a Rhino Rack bat wing awning. The below pick is in quite high wind, so added in as many roles as I could. During normal conditions a rope on each pole is sufficient.

Pick of the Rack.

Pic of the Awning

Also found sporadic time to finish installing my water tank. I essentially created a clamp system where I mounted it to the tub with rubber matting between. Thought this would give it some flexibility to move a little as needed, despite the tank having threaded inserts within the tank it self.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I also had a custom camp kitchen box made to suit my design by Drifta. I have set it up so that I can use it straight off the slide out the back of the tub, or I can slide if off the slide a little and drop down one side of the adjustable legs, or I can completely remove to keep at base camp and have it free standing. I have installed a tap which has a hose connection at the back of the unit which connects to my water tank when sitting on the slide. Pretty happy with the set up.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Used it over Easter just gone and very happy with it, might make a few tweaks but will struggle for time for a while.
Stodd85

Postby nitro27 on Wed, 04 Sep 2019 4:39 +0000

Awesome set up mate. Love the water tank setup. Great idea. Have fun with it
nitro27

Postby OffLineR on Wed, 11 Sep 2019 2:01 +0000

Awesome build
OffLineR

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups