Mooses SR

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Mooses SR

Postby Moose_ on Tue, 02 Aug 2016 8:56 +0000

Hi guys,

Thought id throw up my SR.
Last 4x4 i had was a D21 Navara about 4 or 5 years ago. Have been kicking myself for not having a 4x4 since but finally back into it.

Picked it up in February and have been loving it. It did have the auto tailshaft clunk, but got that sorted at the first service.
Took it out to Inskip point a few weeks after picking it up and then a local dirt hill track and was very impressed. I've previously only ever owned/driven manual 4x4's, so it took a little adjustment but i am pleased with my choice. I use this car for my own business and get stuck in traffic a bit so that also influenced the choice of transmission.

I swapped an SR5 tub onto it a few days after picking it up. Found on the same colour on gumtree for $400 with everything except the camera, but managed to modify the SR one slightly to get it to fit.
After that it was back to the dealer for them to fit the canopy and tub liner. I did this mainly because of the exterior tie down points on the SR tub. I was always planning on having a canopy, and it seemed a bit useless to have tie downs there with a canopy on.

Aside from that ive put on:
Front bumper cover designed by some japanese accessory company
genuine bonnet protector
genuine weathersheilds
3D floor mats front and rear
supertrim neoprene seat covers on the front
Rhino rack platform for the canopy.

Future plans at the moment:
2" dobinsons MMR kit
18" TRD pro wheels and undecided AT's (trying to get my moneys worth out of the factory tyres first)
rear drawer setup for better tool/material storage
DRL fog lights

Moose_

Re: Mooses SR

Postby Mattstopel on Tue, 02 Aug 2016 6:16 +0000

Looks good moosey.
Mattstopel

Postby 70RUN on Tue, 02 Aug 2016 7:52 +0000

Hey mate looking to do same sort of thing with sr5 tub onto my sr how much of a pain was the camera mod? Also do the reverse cameras line up or is the camera mounted in a different spot or where the sr5 camera sat? Also how do you find the dobos lift?
70RUN

Postby Moose_ on Wed, 03 Aug 2016 6:18 +0000

Cheers stoop! need to organise an outing!

everything is exactly the same except for the bezel that the camera screws into.
The camera has a keyway molded into it which aligns it in the plastic bezel from the SR tub. The SR camera will swap straight into the SR5 bezel, but it will be upside down.
I just used a file to make a new keyway in the SR5 bezel and all was good.
Not 100% sure why they went to the trouble of having two different cameras, but it could be something to do the fact that the SR camera is mounted in the centre of the tailgate, compared to the SR5 which is slightly off centre in the handle.
In any case, it works fine to me including the red line that comes up for the distance warning.

I don't currently have the dobinsons lift, that's on my to do list.
Moose_

Return to Member Build Ups