Ordering new hilux

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Ordering new hilux

Postby Tacko88 on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 7:09 +0000

Hey fella's, newbie to the newhilux site. I'm going in next week to order myself a new dual cab hilux..I notice a lot of people have gone with after market products mainly being ARB for there hiluxs. Is this a better option than ticking the box for genuine toyota gear? Just after any thoughts and feedback.
Cheers Tack
Tacko88

Re: Ordering new hilux

Postby TOYZX on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 9:12 +0000

I'm probably a bit bias but I've replaced a couple of genuine bars on the new luxs now with new arb summit bars. Ask to have a look at a factory bar you'll soon see that it seems to made from recycled milo tins! I'm sure most of the other bolt on stuff like tow bars etc r fine but them bars r rubbish. My 2c.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby Tacko88 on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 9:34 +0000

Cheers for the reply mate, exactly the kinda views I was after.. I did get the quote without a bullbar and had planned on the summit bar. But he kinda talked me the other way with 'It is made by toyota for toyota' speech :?
Tacko88

Postby TOYZX on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 9:57 +0000

It's your rig man! Don't be pushed by some dude who's only interested in lining his pockets! Do you have a local ARB store? There's no reason they can't still put it on your finance! Most of the toyotas I work on come to me before customer delivery.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby john253a on Sat, 18 Jun 2016 10:27 +0000

I use to contracted to arb Melbourne repairing there molding machine witch made all the infill plastic parts on there bars, and guess what they also made qenuine Toyota parts as well, so when Toyota tell it made by Toyota for Toyota, guess who really make there gear, not them in mode of the cases,

I brought mine new in 09 I ordered nilly 20k worth of extras most were not genuine Toyota parts
Bonus to getting before is insurance covers it all + It's covered with new for old, you can also save a few $$$ as well with many dealers buying removed parts or offering credit

I had leather, TVs, sound system, sunroof, tow pack,
My mate just have lift, bigger wheels/tyres and bar work done through dealer, old parts he traded back for free servicing

Just pick what you like, know the price and haggle with your dealer,
And just pick 1 dealer to go through, I went to 5 to get the deal I wanted, and the price difference for same car, and options was close on 18k different, I payed 2k more then my local dealer wanted bone stock drive away with all my options,
farting is alot like jxxxxxg off. both provide instant gratification, but neither is a long term solution to the actual problem......................
john253a

Return to Member Build Ups