Not so new member

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Not so new member

Postby heavymental on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 6:12 +0000

I thought it's about time I posted some pics after lurking on the forums since I got the new hilux in November last year. It's a Silver Sky, dual cab sr5 Auto. I'm not new to toyotas but it's the first Hilux I've had. Driven plenty 4x4 including old hiluxes and this one drive real nice.

No major mods at the moment. As I bought the car through a lease, I tried to package as many extras as I could afford within the budget. Opted for the Toyota canopy but not happy with the canopy windows. There is no option for sliding windows on the sr5. The dog's not happy. I've managed to figure out a way to keep the windows slightly propped open for airflow. Also had nudge bar fitted, tint, tub liner and floor mats. Have taken it offroad in standard form with the road tyres on it and it handled the dunes in Lancelin (W.A) very well. Will be keeping the engine, driveline and suspension stock until the lease expires. Only change will be new BfG KO2s, snorkle,roof rack, spotties and dual battery set up. Also looking at setting up a drawer system on one side of the tub with the other for the dog.

a mate happened to buy a hilux at the same time so it's been interesting to compare the two vehicles given he tows a trailer every day and the car has a different life than mine. Also great info by everyone else on here! Keep up the good work.

Few pics below

Cheers
Igor

heavymental

Re: Not so new member

Postby snakesoup on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 6:17 +0000

looks tops mate, how did hilux go up against the Colorado in the dunes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snakesoup

Postby heavymental on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 6:21 +0000

Funnily enough the colorado also had the bridgestone duellers HT and managed to get bogged...but that could be driver error :). On the big dunes it seemed to struggle a bit more but that's me guessing given the engine was a lot louder. I kept the lux in hi4 and it was efffortless.
heavymental

Postby snakesoup on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 6:56 +0000

yeah true, didn't even need low range, that's pretty good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snakesoup

Return to Member Build Ups