Sloshing sound - already drained the doors

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Sloshing sound - already drained the doors

Postby matticas on Mon, 14 Nov 2022 6:16 +0000

Hi all;

Just took my 2016 SR5 for a dip - really wanted to test out the winch and all, missus wasn't pleased, mates had a chunckle and thankfully hooked up the winch, daughter said "why didn't daddy take the high road" - thanks darling. Left side filled up a bit, managed to move the nappie bag and kids stuff to the right side in time.

Anyway, spent last night pulling the seats out, carpet out, that underlay stuff out, centre console is stuck, could not work that one out (something at the front) and washed the inside out, hosed the carpet and underlay, and it's all drying in my dining room with the wood heater on full roar.

Anyway, The left doors filled up, and I found the 3 bilge plugs at the bottom when I got home, flushed it with fresh water until there was clear return. But I can still hear a sloshing sound when I drive back and forth in the driveway - where else can water be sitting? Could I be hearing the fuel tank?

Any other tips for cleaning? I can't remove the underlay at the front passenger's feet - it's a bit wet, hoping it'll dry.

I'll try and get some photos when I find a hosting service.

Thanks
matticas

Re: Sloshing sound - already drained the doors

Postby Rob_Wood on Mon, 14 Nov 2022 9:52 +0000

Gunnels, bottoms of the A, B & C pillars. The drain holes get blocked with mud etc. SUPER wet underlay will drain off hanging over the tail gate.
Rob_Wood

Postby matticas on Mon, 14 Nov 2022 10:30 +0000

Thanks Rob;

What's the easiest way to find that drain hole? I can't see any from the top?

Underlay is now in the dining room on the clothes rack with the wood heater on full roar
matticas

Postby Rob_Wood on Tue, 15 Nov 2022 6:31 +0000

Macedon, Geboor? Or Greece?
Anyway, look up from beneath, you'll see "lifted" sections about an inch or so long in the panel seams. Once you've found them, you'll also see how to clear/ clean them.
Rob_Wood

Return to General Discussion