N80 Breather Locations

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

N80 Breather Locations

Postby Ratherbeaway on Fri, 24 Sep 2021 11:15 +0000

Afternoon everyone!

I am looking at installing new breathers for the 2019 dual cab N80 automatic but cannot find an absolute answer to how many breathers there are and their actual location. Would anyone know how many there are and where they are located? Bonus points for pictures if you have them as well!

Thanks heaps!
Ratherbeaway

Re: N80 Breather Locations

Postby Tony2 on Fri, 01 Oct 2021 2:32 +0000

I decided to extend my breathers as well (I 4x4 a bit). I extended the back diff first, which was an easy job, very easy to find and screw out.
I believe there are other breathers for the transmission, transfer case and front diff but like you I absolutely struggled to get my hands (and eyes) in there to feel for them.
If you open the bonnet and look down over the battery (towards the motor) you will see two breathers that have been extended up into the engine bay. I don't know what they attached to, there is a normal size one and a small one. I left the small one alone and extended the normal sized one up to the top of the engine bay (next to my back diff breather).
In a month I'm having a harrop e-locker installed into the front diff, while they're at it I'll ask them if they can locate the other breathers and attach my hoses to them. I'll let you know how I go. (I'll also try to do photos)
Tony2

Return to General Discussion