EVC throttle controller product review

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

EVC throttle controller product review

Postby Tony2 on Thu, 26 Aug 2021 2:53 +0000

Hi guys, something a bit different from me, I just thought I would share my thoughts on a common product many 4x4 guys are using out there at the moment (I have no affiliation with this mob).
I bought a EVC throttle controller for my hilux about 3months ago ($199 delivered from the internet). I mainly bought it for off-roading, I just wanted to be able to dial back the throttle response on CV busting climbs.
I'll start by saying this product is not a 'chip' and apparently doesn't effect your warranty. It's just a simple plug and play device that helps you control your throttle by dialling the throttle response up or down to your liking.

In short I love this thing. I do my daily driving in 'AC' mode which I think they describe as a learning mode. I don't know how it does it but the car drives so much better and smoother and my fuel economy is actually reading better.
It's similar to the 'power' button but better.
Once you get used to it (that might take a few weeks) you'll never switch it off.
If you want your luxy to drive more like a car I highly recommend giving one of these things a go.
Cheers
Tony
Tony2

Re: EVC throttle controller product review

Postby rnd71 on Tue, 28 Sep 2021 5:30 +0000

I've had mine on for sometime now and yeah i agree, I like the drive better when the unit is on then off.
rnd71

Re: EVC throttle controller product review

Postby Godzilla73 on Sun, 03 Oct 2021 5:52 +0000

Have to say i agree with you both, i was sceptical but came across a bloke onsite who said it transformed his Holden. He kindly offered to give me a drive with it off at first then on U3, and bugger me if it wasn't a completely different ute. Thought if it does half that for an N80 i'll be happy, you do need to adjust your driving style and watch the speedo but once you do it's an awesome upgrade.
Godzilla73

Return to General Discussion