Egr canopy rear window replacement

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Egr canopy rear window replacement

Postby hilux4x4x3 on Sat, 19 Dec 2020 6:10 +0000

Wondering if anyone can offer ideas?
I recently broke the rear window/ lift up door of my egr canopy fitted to my 2013 sr5.
On making enquires to replace it, I found out that it’ll cost me around $1045 to replace.
So I decided to see if there were any other options.
I was advised that Perspex would be too brittle, & that lexan would be a good alternative although it does tend to scratch easily. On contacting local supplier, they said they could make a replacement for around $150, but would have trouble getting the curve int the lexan without a mold of some sort to heat the lexan on to shape it.
So I thought what about a sheet of aluminium, no dramas there until we realised that the window is not only curved from top to bottom, but also from side to side, making it very difficult to reproduce, cost around $250, but no guarantee of fit.
Not concerned about not being able to see out the back as side mirrors are adequate,& have reverse camera.
So just wondering if anyone else has had their window break & found an alternative solution?
Thanks, Jeff
hilux4x4x3

Re: Egr canopy rear window replacement

Postby hilux4x4x3 on Mon, 21 Dec 2020 11:47 +0000

Mods, could you please move my post to the appropriate section in gen 7 Hilux forum. I accidentally posted in wrong section.
Ta, Jeff.
hilux4x4x3

Return to General Discussion