Buying in the current market or wait it out?

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Buying in the current market or wait it out?

Postby Chiv on Thu, 22 Oct 2020 6:01 +0000

G'day Boys

Ive just sold my old hilux and am in the market for a new(ish) sr5. Im in no rush to buy as the current going rates in WA for the hilux im after are pretty steep (52k budget looking for a silver sr5 auto with under 70k on the clock). For those out there more experienced than me what is the consensus, buy now or wait for the market to settle?
Chiv

Re: Buying in the current market or wait it out?

Postby Skrewdriver on Fri, 23 Oct 2020 4:00 +0000

This depends on you.

Can you afford to be without what you want/need until when you need/want to buy the new car?

The way I look at it is this way: My wife and I buy cars when we have to. My wife and I just bought her second CX-5 as her 2016 model was written off in an accident, so it was a case of we need to replace this car as soon as possible.

Doesn’t matter what make/model your chasing but keep this in mind: YOU have the cash, they want your cash, and if they are serious about taking your cash, they will come to the party.

This new CX-5 we bought, I emailed every single Mazda dealership in Sydney and every dealer within a 4-hour radius from home, from best to worst quote was almost $4500 for the same spec/options.

We were going to go to Sydney, and we ended up going to the same dealer we bought the first CX-5 from. We ended up getting the car for only $300 more than what we would have paid in Sydney, and we wiped $1900 of his “best quote” that he originally gave us.

Refer to what I said earlier, you have they cash, they want it. The car seller is not your friend, you screw them down for everything.

If you want more specific details on our car deal, shoot me an email, details are below.

Hope this helps.
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
George Santayana

E-Mail: pbialasinski@bigpond.com
Phone: (0407) 237723
Skrewdriver

Postby Allords on Sat, 24 Oct 2020 11:14 +0000

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/detail ... 5654/?Cr=7

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/detail ... 8237/?Cr=8

$48k + onroads, They can only say no.

Next year they will come down a little i guess as they will be another year older.

If buying new, id certainly wait till end Jan/Feb......They generally do free onroads etc around that time.
Allords

Postby dave g on Sat, 24 Oct 2020 7:38 +0000

There are 3 times good times to buy

End of financial year .
January for the year before plate builds.
End of the month to get the figure up.

And all ways hit them for the driveway price and don't be scared to walk away if you are not happy with the price they offer and tell them so.
dave g

Postby Chiv on Wed, 09 Dec 2020 9:10 +0000

Awesome thanks for the advice
With the price difference between new and used being minimal at this stage I will be purchasing new.
Chiv

Postby Gipsy on Wed, 09 Dec 2020 9:33 +0000

So Chiv, are you waiting until the new year? That's when you're more likely to pick up a bargain, but I'm told there's a hold up on new ones, my son in law ordered one in October and told it might be coming in January :roll: Don't expect a bargain if they're in short supply. Normally the bargains are for last year's plate.
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Return to General Discussion