Buying in the current market or wait it out?

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Buying in the current market or wait it out?

Postby Chiv on Thu, 22 Oct 2020 6:01 +0000

G'day Boys

Ive just sold my old hilux and am in the market for a new(ish) sr5. Im in no rush to buy as the current going rates in WA for the hilux im after are pretty steep (52k budget looking for a silver sr5 auto with under 70k on the clock). For those out there more experienced than me what is the consensus, buy now or wait for the market to settle?
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 8:27 +0000
Location: Western Australia


Re: Buying in the current market or wait it out?

Postby Skrewdriver on Fri, 23 Oct 2020 4:00 +0000

This depends on you.

Can you afford to be without what you want/need until when you need/want to buy the new car?

The way I look at it is this way: My wife and I buy cars when we have to. My wife and I just bought her second CX-5 as her 2016 model was written off in an accident, so it was a case of we need to replace this car as soon as possible.

Doesn’t matter what make/model your chasing but keep this in mind: YOU have the cash, they want your cash, and if they are serious about taking your cash, they will come to the party.

This new CX-5 we bought, I emailed every single Mazda dealership in Sydney and every dealer within a 4-hour radius from home, from best to worst quote was almost $4500 for the same spec/options.

We were going to go to Sydney, and we ended up going to the same dealer we bought the first CX-5 from. We ended up getting the car for only $300 more than what we would have paid in Sydney, and we wiped $1900 of his “best quote” that he originally gave us.

Refer to what I said earlier, you have they cash, they want it. The car seller is not your friend, you screw them down for everything.

If you want more specific details on our car deal, shoot me an email, details are below.

Hope this helps.
"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
George Santayana

Phone: (0407) 237723
User avatar
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 9:21 +0000
Location: Weston NSW

Re: Buying in the current market or wait it out?

Postby Allords on Sat, 24 Oct 2020 11:14 +0000 ... 5654/?Cr=7 ... 8237/?Cr=8

$48k + onroads, They can only say no.

Next year they will come down a little i guess as they will be another year older.

If buying new, id certainly wait till end Jan/Feb......They generally do free onroads etc around that time.
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue, 30 May 2017 11:58 +0000
Location: perth

Re: Buying in the current market or wait it out?

Postby dave g on Sat, 24 Oct 2020 7:38 +0000

There are 3 times good times to buy

End of financial year .
January for the year before plate builds.
End of the month to get the figure up.

And all ways hit them for the driveway price and don't be scared to walk away if you are not happy with the price they offer and tell them so.
dave g
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 6:59 +0000

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest