Cruise control, collision control, central locking, heads up

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Cruise control, collision control, central locking, heads up

Postby mrt54 on Wed, 18 Mar 2020 8:47 +0000

Hi everyone,
I am enjoying the new Hilux and all the safety features, but I found the horn to be very quiet, not much good trying to scare a stubborn cow off the track, so installed an air horn, much better.

I also put some steel fly mesh in front of the radiator but behind the grille, and have a lightbar fitted under the top bar of the bull bar, and no problems with the safety system.But, the horn stopped working so I took off the plastic apron that sits between the grille and radiator to check the compressor, and fiddled around a bit still no go, so I left the plastic bit in the back seat and eventually got the horn working.

Then I noticed the central locking seemed to have stopped, then when I went to drive home the warning came up that the crash avoidance was not working, go to the dealer. Tried cruise control and it said not working go to dealer.
Long story short I checked everything and it seemed ok so I simply replaced the plastic trim/apron under the bonnet and everything went back to normal. Simple fix, and I suppose most people would probably check things like that anyway, but what if you lose that trim, or break it? Also it is a bugger taking the fixing clips out of it and I keep losing or breaking them so need to get some more.
Cheers.
mrt54

Re: Cruise control, collision control, central locking, head

Postby Philby on Thu, 19 Mar 2020 6:47 +0000

Hi,
I too have removed the plastic apron to fit a bar light behind the grill but have not suffered any faults as you have mentioned and have recently completed a cns/bne/cns road trip..... but I do not have a bull bar or screening for the radiator fitted. If the faults do come up, I now have the fix....thanks
Philby

Return to General Discussion