Every day uses for a tub rack

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Every day uses for a tub rack

Postby JFlacky on Sun, 19 Jan 2020 1:47 +0000

Hey everyone,

I’m thinking of putting a tub rack on to my 05+ hilux but also trying to justify to the boss all the everyday uses I can put it to and not just the yearly camping trip we do which would not be worth the expense. Does anyone have a set up to show off that isn’t solely designed camping and more so a trade style set up. I am think a full height tub rack with roof rack will extend the lengths of timber I cart around every now and then etc. I was also considering getting a rear ladder rack with a tray of sorts on top but not certain of the load capacity.

Thanks guys
JFlacky

Re: Every day uses for a tub rack

Postby jimO on Mon, 20 Jan 2020 3:46 +0000

you could carry long fat chicks up there
jimO

Re: Every day uses for a tub rack

Postby Sartor on Mon, 20 Jan 2020 4:23 +0000

I am in a process of researching just that for our 2017 Hilux. However, due to living in the Balkans (Eastern Europe), we'd like to cover it with a roller cover (currently running a hard aluminium tonneau cover).

The only compatible solution which we've found was Retrax XR Pro (which happens to be aluminium and claimed to support up to 200kgs when spread evenly) and Yakima Outpost HD. The Yakima's tub rack (it has a version which has variable height) is high enough to accommodate ladders and on the side to attach other tools for quick access, while the rover cover would give us security for our 20V tools, smaller items, and weather proof for our 12V panel / invertor (used for powering both camping equipment or our tools when at work).

Retrax just confirmed for me that they have their aluminium roller for double cab hilux (sorry single cab owners).

The miss however, is more inclined to install an aluminum canopy such as RSI smart canopy due to the easy kitchen setup - she claims I could easily set it up for work (of course, as long as she doesn't carry the ladder and the hard case boxes)... :D
Sartor

Return to General Discussion