Hilux softer rear shocks

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Hilux softer rear shocks

Postby buggynate on Tue, 05 Nov 2019 4:08 +0000

I've got a 2wd workmate with an alloy tray that is mostly driven around empty until the weekends when I take the dirt bikes out.
The ride with the standard shocks on the rear was absolutely atrocious, I was seriously regretting buying the ute. I wasn't sure if the heavy leaf springs or over damped shocks were to blame so I unbolted the rear shocks for a very short test drive and was amazed at the nice plush ride.
Ordered a set of Rancho 9000's which are adjustable, left them on the softest setting. Ride is transformed when empty now and they can be adjusted to be much stiffer than stock if needed when loading it up. The ride is much more balanced and feels almost car like now.
Just an FYI for anyone looking for a softer ride in their empty utes.
buggynate

Re: Hilux softer rear shocks

Postby Tony2 on Wed, 06 Nov 2019 1:52 +0000

Thanks buggy. I'm thinking of doing the 2 inch lift next year so it is interesting to hear this story. I've never heard of manually tuning the ride with a dial before. The website looks ok, I wonder why other shock company's don't make these, anyone?
Tony2

Postby buggynate on Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:18 +0000

Tony2 wrote:Thanks buggy. I'm thinking of doing the 2 inch lift next year so it is interesting to hear this story. I've never heard of manually tuning the ride with a dial before. The website looks ok, I wonder why other shock company's don't make these, anyone?

Extremely common with bikes and high end shocks/forks. They have been around a long time in the 4wd world I believe
buggynate

Postby FOURBY2 on Fri, 08 Oct 2021 6:59 +0000

Hi buggynate, can I please have the part no. for the Rancho shocks and where I can buy them from please, Cheers
FOURBY2

Return to General Discussion