4WD Supacentre - TITAN Drawers

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

4WD Supacentre - TITAN Drawers

Postby SurferSR5 on Thu, 31 Oct 2019 7:41 +0000

OK, it seems there are a few threads covering the 4wd Supecentre, and a few others covering 'what drawer system'.

For reference, my search found these:

What drawer system: viewtopic.php?t=26847

4WDSUPACENTRE: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=27356&start=20 and viewtopic.php?f=131&t=28003

Fitting Rear Drawers: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=28255&start=20

I've started this thread to be a SPECIFIC thread covering ONLY the 4wd Supacentre TITAN draw system.

In the above threads, there are some comments about quality and fitment intermixed with other aspects.

I thought a thread just for this retailer and their drawer system would be worthwhile.

So, all you guys with them ... HOW ARE THEY?

Now that you've had them for a while, would you get them again?

Current pricing looks good ...

I'm looking at storing some basic tools, few spare parts (for the ute, my boat and boat trailer), surf gear (spare fins, wax, spare legropes, first aide kit, sunscreen etc.), fishing gear (when going fishing) and then using the space beside them to build a water storage and pump system for wash down shower at the beach after surfing. So basically 'light' use.

I'm looking at NOT fixing them to the tray so I can easily take out to use the Ute for garden rubbish runs and loads of soil / mulch which is usually a 'one or twice a year' use.

Any thoughts and feedback!
SurferSR5

Re: 4WD Supacentre - TITAN Drawers

Postby DWWood on Fri, 01 Nov 2019 6:45 +0000

Love mine. I use them mostly for camping and swap the layout around depending on if I'm towing the caravan I put mostly hoses, tools, levelling ramps etc. If I'm swagging I use them mostly to carry food, plates, cooking items, stove, recovery gear etc.

I also use a 40lt Engel on the fridge slide and it allows me enough room for 2 x 105ah batteries behind the fridge. Albeit with some extra tie down points. Going to add a MSA drop down slide soon as the fridge is a bit too high for the kids and missus to see inside.

Mate bought several draws second hand and mounted them under work benches in his shed.
DWWood

Postby SurferSR5 on Sat, 02 Nov 2019 3:40 +0000

I called into the Gold Coast store and had a look at them yesterday. For $488 for the 1300 with wings they seem really good value. Sure, not as solid feeling as the ARB ones, but at a fraction of the price they seem good value.

I'm just not sure about longevity of the timber under a soft (non waterproof) tonneau. But, if they get damaged in time and rollers still working ok I figure for the price I could replace any damaged timber as necessary.
SurferSR5

Postby Silverfox1111 on Sat, 02 Nov 2019 5:59 +0000

I'm happy with mine, especially for the price. The catch on the fridge slide is crap though. Just bought a sliding bolt from bunnings to replace it.
Silverfox
Silverfox1111

Postby mrt54 on Fri, 15 Nov 2019 5:07 +0000

Mine are ok but the timer on top is just crap and not water tolerant at all, should really be decent exterior ply or marine ply, also one of the catches broke. Drawer is closed, handle is floppy and had to work pretty hard to get it open so handy to have a couple of screwdrivers etc not inside the drawers.
mrt54

Postby SurferSR5 on Fri, 15 Nov 2019 4:17 +0000

Yeah, the timber is, was, my concern too... I was thinking I'd replace it with marine ply formwork ply once the OEM deteriorated.

I've refined, read, seriously culled, my surf gear for daily use and managed to get a basic toolkit under the rear seats.

I'll just throw the recovery gear in when heading to the soft stuff and have mounted my spare hub and bearings for the boat trailer onto a rescue kit on the trailer.

I'm thinking about the storage boxes for the ute tray on one side only, rather than a full draw system.
SurferSR5

Postby AJH1 on Tue, 17 Dec 2019 8:29 +0000

I had these drawers in my last SR5 under a canopy so water was not an issue. For the money they were brilliant, as mentioned the catch on the fridge slide is rubbish but you can get a better one for a few bucks at bunnings. When mine arrived the box said they weigh 100kg empty. Not sure how you would go not having them secured in place as they are not a tight fit and may slide around, especially under heavy braking.
The only reason I have not got them for the Rogue is it has a hard lid and not sure how I will go for height with things on top of the drawers, going to try without them for a while but it was great to keep everything neat and tidy.
AJH1

Postby Packdaddy on Wed, 26 Feb 2020 4:41 +0000

Has anyone got the Titan fridge slide they do? I’m looking for a low profile slide and nothing seems to come close to the price of the Titan. Can’t seem to find any reviews though.
Packer

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=41&t=14867

'Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men' - Sir Douglas Bader
Packdaddy

Return to General Discussion