Tilt Fridge Slide advice.

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Tilt Fridge Slide advice.

Postby jabiru18 on Mon, 17 Jun 2019 2:25 +0000

I bought and fitted a normal fridge slide in my canopy, and then worked out I can only the lid Halfway (F*CK) and man it is high to reach.

Big fail, still licking my wounds.

Next step ask advice from them that know.

My option is put up with the current setup or get a tilt slide, are these any good? Worth it?

Can you leave it out tilted for an amount of time?

Any advice?
jabiru18

Re: Tilt Fridge Slide advice.

Postby adamkberger on Mon, 17 Jun 2019 3:12 +0000

Is your slide mounted on drawers? If so I'd go the MSA drop slide. Expensive, but works really well. Will bring fridge down to the tailgate and stays level.
2015 SR5 2.8 Dual Cab Hilux
adamkberger

Postby rjo89 on Mon, 17 Jun 2019 9:09 +0000

I've got a tilt slide from Dunn and Watson. Don't get one. They're alright at the start but the novelty wears off very quickly and I should've just gone for a drop slide in hindsight. You can leave them tilted no dramas though. But bite the bullet and get a drop slide, much better idea.
rjo89

Postby jabiru18 on Tue, 18 Jun 2019 6:21 +0000

Thanks lads, it’s for a canopy on tray back. Everything has been against me on this project.

It looks like I’ll go for a drop slide, I need at least 140mm clearance after the drop. I’ll do some measuring today.

They are pricey but appear to be worth it.
jabiru18

Postby davidtm on Tue, 23 Jul 2019 8:43 +0000

jabiru18 wrote:Thanks lads, it’s for a canopy on tray back. Everything has been against me on this project.

It looks like I’ll go for a drop slide, I need at least 140mm clearance after the drop. I’ll do some measuring today.

They are pricey but appear to be worth it.

Before you go MSA, have a look at the Clearview drop slide(same guys that do the mirrors). It far supersedes the MSA in so many ways. The clear view younhave full control whilst it’s still sliding out, MSA will start to drop as soon as it leaves the runners if you aren’t holding onto it. The clearview can be locked in various positions throughout the drop depending on how what limit you want. I compared them both at a Sydney show and the clearview was a far better option. Everyone who has the MSA that I’ve shown my clearview to have been very impressed.
davidtm

Postby grunf on Tue, 23 Jul 2019 1:41 +0000

I got my Waeco CFX50 in aluminium canopy (on a tray), just anchored as it is. No slides.
I can still open the fridge (not fully, but almost) and use it no issues - I am 2m tall :)
18 SR auto, Bullbar, winch, Snorkel, Towbar, TowPro, Stedi LED’s, Dobinsons GVM upgrade, Steel tray, Aluminium Canopy, ARB on-board air compressor, Diff breathers, BFG MT KM3 265/70-R17, Uneek4x4 rocksliders, Frontier LR fuel tank etc
grunf

Postby CB23 on Wed, 24 Jul 2019 12:51 +0000

davidtm wrote:Before you go MSA, have a look at the Clearview drop slide(same guys that do the mirrors). It far supersedes the MSA in so many ways. The clear view younhave full control whilst it’s still sliding out, MSA will start to drop as soon as it leaves the runners if you aren’t holding onto it. The clearview can be locked in various positions throughout the drop depending on how what limit you want. I compared them both at a Sydney show and the clearview was a far better option. Everyone who has the MSA that I’ve shown my clearview to have been very impressed.

Agree, that clear view looks awesome.
Plus the handle doesn't fold over the top!
CB23

Return to General Discussion