How Can I Stop The Automatic Playing of Music?

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

How Can I Stop The Automatic Playing of Music?

Postby M1Tanker on Mon, 27 Aug 2018 10:27 +0000

Here in Thailand, I own a 2016 Toyota Hilux Revo 4x4 Double Cab 2.8 AT that includes the satellite navigational/multimedia system. I also have an iPhone SE that is paired with this system.

The issue that I have is whenever I start the truck and once the satellite navigational/multimedia system comes online it automatically starts to play music from my iPhone. If I turn off the Bluetooth on the satellite navigational/multimedia system then I can’t receive phone calls through it. I have also tried to stop this automatic playing of music by adjusting the settings on the iPhone but the music continues to come on when I start the truck.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, were you able to permanently stop the auto-play of music but still have the Bluetooth on both systems turned on enabling hands free phone calls?
M1Tanker

Re: How Can I Stop The Automatic Playing of Music?

Postby DaveSumm on Mon, 27 Aug 2018 11:06 +0000

Two options...

Change the source of the music (radio, USB et cetera)

Switch the unit off. Everything except the audio still works AFAIK
Manual 2017 SR5 | MT ATZ P3 R17/265/70 | King OEM Shocks | Rhino Evo Front Bar & winch
DaveSumm

Re: How Can I Stop The Automatic Playing of Music?

Postby M1Tanker on Mon, 27 Aug 2018 2:48 +0000

Thanks!

With your advice, I was able to solve the problem. I need to be smarter than the equipment that I operate.

I am not sure if the Australian Hilux satellite navigational/multimedia system has the same graphic user interface (GUI) as the Thai Hilux has.

When I started the truck the music began to play. Using your advice I went into the AUDIO menu. I then pressed AUX.

The problem appears to be solved. The music from my iPhone isn't playing and yet I'm still connected via Bluetooth allowing the phone to work through the satellite navigational/multimedia system.

Thank you again!
M1Tanker

Return to General Discussion