Plugs ????

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Plugs ????

Postby tropicrows on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 2:42 +0000

Hilux 2018 2.8 TD. Dual cab tray back.

Can anyone tell me what these two plugs are for. They come out of the wiring loom next the LH rear lights.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tropicrows

Re: Plugs ????

Postby Bushwalker8 on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 3:39 +0000

Looks like you have a Toyota towbar? If so I think it's the patch cable between the original plug you have marked to the light assy. E.g the patch cable is inserted between them to pick of the signals for the ECU for tow connector. There will be another patch cable on the RHS. Each of the feeds that are picked up for the trailer ECU mounted in the centre are fused with inline 2A.

The other one you have marked looks to be the reverse signal fuse, the reverse wire is black and white and is picked up from the LHS connector.

If you hunt around there will be a total of 5 identical towing fuses across the rear, the 3 on the left patch cable are reverse, L indicator (yellow/black) & tail(brown/black). The 2 on the right patch cable are R indicator (green/black) & stop (red/black).

Cheers
Bushwalker8

Postby tropicrows on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 5:32 +0000

Bushwalker8 wrote:Looks like you have a Toyota towbar? If so I think it's the patch cable between the original plug you have marked to the light assy. E.g the patch cable is inserted between them to pick of the signals for the ECU for tow connector. There will be another patch cable on the RHS. Each of the feeds that are picked up for the trailer ECU mounted in the centre are fused with inline 2A.

The other one you have marked looks to be the reverse signal fuse, the reverse wire is black and white and is picked up from the LHS connector.

If you hunt around there will be a total of 5 identical towing fuses across the rear, the 3 on the left patch cable are reverse, L indicator (yellow/black) & tail(brown/black). The 2 on the right patch cable are R indicator (green/black) & stop (red/black).

Cheers
Yes, I have a Toyota towbar that they fitted and wired it up ( or maybe they got a 3 party to do it ? ). So if it's for the patch cable why didn't they use it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tropicrows

Postby Godzilla73 on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 5:55 +0000

Could be for reverse sensors which are available in other markets.
Godzilla73

Postby Bushwalker8 on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 6:24 +0000

They have used it, the "plug" on the left looks like an inline fuse which is part of the patch cable - which itself is a long cabling harness in tubing with lots of branches and connectors all around the back of the vehicle. A lot of the cabling you see in the picture is the patch cable, seeing it was why I figured you had the towbar. Have you had a look in the "plug" to check if there's a fuse in it?
Bushwalker8

Postby Bushwalker8 on Tue, 21 Aug 2018 6:50 +0000

This is what I think you might be looking at:

https://imghostr.net/image/J9i07
Bushwalker8

Return to General Discussion