Hows everyone enjoying the Gen 8 ?

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Re: Hows everyone enjoying the Gen 8 ?

Postby iller on Mon, 29 Jan 2018 2:27 +0000

I love it :)

Only thing is the dpf but that i can't do anything legaly about, and also i would like the 2.8 instead of the 2.4 they have in europe.
iller

Re: Hows everyone enjoying the Gen 8 ?

Postby Markdavo on Sun, 28 Oct 2018 5:32 +0000

Where did you get your tie down hooks?

Thanks, Mark

Hilux Max wrote:
Allords wrote:Did you buy the car because your dad had one, and his dad had one, and thought it was a good idea?
Entered mid life crisis and wanted to get out there and tour/go offload?
Appropriate work Vehicle?
Or just the thought that Toyota dealerships are like McDonald's......Every town has one and enjoy that peace of mind?

Any pet hates, and this could be from what you've added ( wrong wheels/tyres, bullbar, canopy etc)
Whats the standout feature that you've added for your requirements?

My N80 is my 4th Hilux. And even thou I miss the hell out of my N70, the N80 is on its way to even bigger and better things. As modified as my N70 was, in the short period of time Ive had my N80 it has done harder tracks than my N70 and thus far as easily on 295s or easier than my n70 did on 35s.

Things I dislike:
- the audio head unit is a toss....cant run video's easily, cannot run GPS on SR's without a headunit upgrade, cannot use Pandora anymore.....
- the transfer case selector switch and solenoid mechanism is a load of shit. has proven itself to be a liability over 10 years on previous generation Tacomas in the USA youd think Toyota would have payed attention to it and not implemented it on the hilux. Ill be changing that in the future by fitting an N70 manually selected transfercase.
-the back seats dont fold down...waste of space.
-the wheel arch fenders are not big enough....Rangers and Tritons have far bigger fender openings than Hiluxs do,....so more work required for fitting bigger tyres.
- why do they design the rear of the tubs to sit so low?
-SR tubliners do not come with tie down hooks...what a joke, had to fit 8 of them meself.
-6th speed in the auto;s is a joke isnt it? how tall is that gearing? I have not used 6th since I first fitted the bigger tyres until last week when I regeared...now 6th engages at just under 80kays,

Things I like:
- the bigger rear diff and rear locker.
- nice interior, thou I wish I has black vinyl flooring
- its basic enough to work on
- the engines pretty good.
- theres a shit load of aftermarket parts available to turn the average standard new hilux into whatever you want it to be,

As an overall vehicle, its a good base to start a project, but at the end of the day, we build our hiluxs up to be what we want them to be, which toyota cannot envisage and we build em to be even better than what toyota engineers can come up with.
Markdavo

Previous

Return to General Discussion