DIY tub liner redux.

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

DIY tub liner redux.

Postby Dave_o on Mon, 24 Oct 2016 7:47 +0000

I know there are a few guys here who went the DIY route over getting a pro job or tub insert.
Whats your thoughts now you've had time to bash them up a bit? What brand did you use? Would you do the same again?
Got a new truck coming shortly and am tossing up which way to go.
Dave_o

Re: DIY tub liner redux.

Postby ih8ubarney on Tue, 25 Oct 2016 9:48 +0000

I've posted a bit about this already but here are my thoughts,
im really not a fan of the dyi product... but everything has its purpose. the one i've had experience with is a 2pac paint that had something like rubber flecks in it. appart from an extra layer of paint this offers no added protection... you wouldn't want to drop a hammer or a rock on it from the top of the tub.

my wife and a colorado with a factory tub insert... positives are you can throw stuff at it no worries, but it warps in the sun and the edges arn't glued down.... so in the end you'll likely end up with crap between your liner and the the paint your trying to protect.

i eventually got a speedyliner and am extremely happy with it.
i also got them to spray the bottom of the tailgate (everything you see when the tailgate is down)... this is where everything ends up, its not protected with the plastic inserts and drove me nuts and he said they they generally don't spray there... but its worth asking for.
ih8ubarney

Return to General Discussion