2016 Driveline vibration

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

2016 Driveline vibration

Postby RAZ67 on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 8:40 +0000

Hi All,

I have a vibration going on somewhere in the driveline or it could be the auto box, it happens constantly under acceleration, I can clearly feel it throughout the cab inc drivers seat it also makes the dash rattle a bit, I took it back to the dealer, they have taken the tailshaft out and polished the burrs so no more clunk :) they also turned the driveshaft 180 degrees, as they said this was a fix on some Prados, but no luck for me,they loosened the and retighten the engine mounts and even tried different wheels and tyres, the dealer has recorded all its efforts to improve and said they will be in touch if told there its a fix,its very frustrating as the ute has only done 15K. anyone else with this problem ??
RAZ67

Re: 2016 Driveline vibration

Postby Joel12345 on Tue, 19 Jul 2016 7:30 +0000

I believe the tailshaft is balanced. When they took mine out they put it back in the wrong way and it caused the vibration you have. They then put it back to original position and now no more vibration. The thud however has come back after about 500km. Taking it back in soon.
Joel12345

Re: 2016 Driveline vibration

Postby offtothecape on Thu, 11 Aug 2016 3:43 +0000

Hey Guys, I have had a driveline vibration in my extra cab manual, but I only noticed it when I was doing about 95 klm/ph and changing from 5th to 6th.
It was raining at the time and I put it down to the traction control trying to take over.
Haven't had the vibration since in the dry, but will pay special attention next time I drive it in the rain.
Also was experiencing noisy injectors especially on start up. Read here somewhere about using Caltex Vortex premium fuel. Tried a tank full and it is now nice and quiet. Great stuff. Caltex for me from now on.
Check out my Facebook Page : Affordable Custom Alloy Trays
offtothecape

Return to General Discussion