Australian Dealership Dirty Tactics

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Australian Dealership Dirty Tactics

Postby Gulfstream8 on Mon, 11 Jul 2016 2:47 +0000

Below is a YouTube Video from Australian Automotive Engineer John Cadogan.

He gets stuck right into Austalian Dealerships and Australain Gov for allowing the lock up of technical information for servicing vehicles trying to protect the massive revenue dealerships make from servicing. In the USA this is illegal and goes against their consumer Law and also their Fair Trading ---- funny I like that last one "Fair Trading" don't we have this here :lol:

Anyway enjoy John going to town - but I must warn you there is a strong language warning ---- because I know all you Hilux owners "butter won't melt in your mouth" :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LvMPgrbMbUM
Gulfstream8

Re: Australian Dealership Dirty Tactics

Postby Tigesinaus on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 5:49 +0000

That guy has some good info, but he takes a heck of a long time to cover each point. A lot of "filler".
Tigesinaus

Postby aandy on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 8:23 +0000

q
Last edited by aandy on Tue, 02 Aug 2016 12:14 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
aandy

Postby Gulfstream8 on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 6:05 +0000

Yes he can be very abrasive but I guess at least he is making some noise about the issue.

The big concern that is coming if we don't copy the USA on "Fair Trade to Service" is the vehicle manufactures are committed to introducing ECU log books. If the ACCC does not act on this and ensure Australia gets access it can mean that no one will have access other than the Dealers to reset, update or fill out. Some extream observations made by some say that this could be taken to extream (I would not think so) where if the ECU Log Book is not updated you void your warranty or worse the Vehicle goes into limp home mode. I think that last one is maybe an exaggeration but hey you never know.
Gulfstream8

Return to General Discussion