How much did you pay.

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Re: How much did you pay.

Postby grunf on Sun, 20 May 2018 3:19 +0000

Hi all,

As mentioned in the other topic I bought 2018 SR, white, double cab, auto 4x4.

The following included:
- Snorkle (genuine)
- Towbar
- Redarc TowPro electric brake controller
- Premium Steel Bullbar (winch compatible)
- Toyota spotlights (Hella)
- Tub liner
- Soft toneu cover
- Dust seal kit
- TRD bash plate
- Tinted windows
- Matts
for $48,700 all up
18 SR auto, Bullbar, winch, Snorkel, Towbar, TowPro, Stedi LED’s, Dobinsons GVM upgrade, Steel tray, Aluminium Canopy, ARB on-board air compressor, Diff breathers, BFG MT KM3 265/70-R17, Uneek4x4 rocksliders, Frontier LR fuel tank etc
grunf

Postby Aquaholics on Sun, 08 Jul 2018 8:10 +0000

Just missed the EOFY deals ($54,888 drive away with either 2k off or 2k worth of accessories) but I’m still happy in the end.

2018 SR5 (May build) - Glacier White. Auto with cloth trim, rubber mats, tinted bonnet protector and tow tongue and wiring $53,586 dive away.

Pick her up Saturday, then the build begins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Aquaholics

Postby DangerousDave on Wed, 18 Jul 2018 7:29 +0000

Picked mine up the other day in Brissy. I got in on the eofy free onroad and 2k genuine accessories. Silver fleet price was offered. I got a 2018 SR5, Nebula blue, double cab, auto 4x4.

The following included:
- Snorkle (genuine)
- tow bar and wiring
- ARB summit bull bar (colour matched)
- ARB ascent canopy (colour matched)
- Tub liner
- rubber Matts
$61,000
DangerousDave

Postby AJA88 on Fri, 28 Dec 2018 6:05 +0000

Member since 2013!
After 5 years in another dual cab, traded for a New SR5 Dual Cab during the 'Toyotathon'.

Paid roughly $57.5k drive away for auto 4x4 in Silver Sky, with leather, snorkel, nudge bar, tub liner, Toyota DashCam, reverse parking sensors, tow bar, mats, headlight and bonnet protectors, slimline weather shields, tailgate damper, tint, extended warranty and full tank fuel.

Added an Aerkolas Canopy, Lightforce Striker LED's and a GME UHF post delivery.

Considering the Frontier Tank next.

Still Feeling It.....!
AJA88

Postby Sartor on Tue, 08 Jan 2019 4:21 +0000

We've drove away as standard for 28.5k EU for the top model for Europe (2.4 D4D, Auto 4x4, full LED head lights, mud guards, security wheel bolts, rear view camera, 18" wheels which we didn't want, but Toyota were not very flexible - at least gave us two sets of tires for winter and for summer).

We have added a dual battery system with Optima battery (55 Ah - that was the only one that could fit under the bonnet) and Baintech panel in the tray. The DC-DC charger is RedArc BCDC1240D. ARB tray for the aux battery. Total of around 1k EU.

Later on we have added a steel tonneau cover from the Danish Mountain Top with roof rack and UTE liner for 2k EU. On the list are the following updates:

- 17" Tires (Bf KM3 or Nokian Rockproof) with steel wheels (around 1k EU)
- Better bash plates from local manufacturers (full set of 4mm steel is below 500 EU or 6mm alloy is around 700 EU)
- 2" suspension OME or Ironman (at least we have local dealers) - both are around 1600 EU, negotiable for the price, so who ever gives me better offer wins :)
- ARB deluxe bullbar - could be arranged for 1300 EU (Ironman bulbar is around 900 EU, but it is not compliant with the EU directive for road safety thus cannot be used on road - only for commercial or hunter vehicles)
- Winch PowerWinch (with synthetic rope below 500 EU including mounting). It is the best value-money locally - these winches are very famous around any trophy or expedition tours here and are hard to fail.
Sartor

Postby Xhilux on Sat, 12 Jan 2019 2:43 +0000

Rugged x
Automatic
Pearl white
Hard top

67000$
Xhilux

Postby Simon_m on Wed, 01 May 2019 9:56 +0000

Anyone purchased a new sr5 with basic extras lately? What did you get the dealer down too?
Simon_m

Postby SurferSR5 on Tue, 29 Oct 2019 6:49 +0000

I'm looking at an SR5 manual, ATM.

Seems Toyota want to move the SR5 over the SR, with a much better band for buck value price.

Rough numbers, drive away prices for QLD registered vehicle ATM:

SR manual metallic paint with towbar, soft tonneau, tray liner and rubber floor mats is around $49k :o

SR5 manual metallic paint with dashcam, front parking sensors, tailgate dampener, towbar, soft tonneau, tray liner and rubber floor mats is around $53k

Finding it hard to go past the SR5 at those prices.

I do also suspect dealers are playing number games with my trade (2015 MN Triton) and have maybe overinflated the SR price / changeover to make the SR5 look like better value. I'm making inquiries with other dealers on the SR alone to double check.

Mate of mate is also pricing ATM an SR5 AUTO with the leather seats, etc and is getting the dash cam, front sensors, etc options added in for free too (seems Toyota want to add accessories rather than drop prices). He is at around $57k ATM with towbar and hard tonneau.

I'll update when I finalise a deal.
SurferSR5

Postby grunf on Tue, 29 Oct 2019 9:27 +0000

Always negotiate with the dealers as if you are buying a car and paying it straight away.
Never mention trade ins etc, until you agree on purchase price of the new car.
18 SR auto, Bullbar, winch, Snorkel, Towbar, TowPro, Stedi LED’s, Dobinsons GVM upgrade, Steel tray, Aluminium Canopy, ARB on-board air compressor, Diff breathers, BFG MT KM3 265/70-R17, Uneek4x4 rocksliders, Frontier LR fuel tank etc
grunf

Postby SurferSR5 on Tue, 29 Oct 2019 1:55 +0000

grunf wrote:Always negotiate with the dealers as if you are buying a car and paying it straight away.
Never mention trade ins etc, until you agree on purchase price of the new car.

I do it with and without trade ... saying "mate son wants to buy my car, so give me price(s) with and without a trade"

Then, at the same time, contact other dealers to just get a direct price with no trade, but price same specs.

I also price shop two model variants at the same time. Helps to assess value and where the deals are.

Helps being in SE Qld where there's nearly as many dealers as there are KFC drive-thru :roll:
SurferSR5

Postby SurferSR5 on Tue, 29 Oct 2019 2:43 +0000

Signed the deal this afternoon. Pick her up Thursday afternoon. She is genuinely straight off the boat (I have seen the vehicle to check VIN and Engine #'s to the paperwork - I don't trust computers) .. all still wrapped in plastic with wheel covers, etc.

SR5 Manual Crystal Pearl (this is the 'new' "upgrade" model with the adaptive / active cruise control, lane departure assist, etc) with:

Dash Cam
Front Parking Assist Sensors
Tailgate 'dampener' strut
Towball and Tongue
Wiring Harness (7 pin flat)
Ute Liner (under rail)
Soft Tonneau
All Weather Floor Mats Front and Rear
Full Tank of Fuel
Qld Rego

For $53,500 incl GST

According to the paperwork that is with a "discount" of $9,100

NOTE: The Dash Cam, Front Parking Assist Sensors, and Tailgate 'dampener' strut are Toyota Australia "FREE" to dealers as part of current promotions. I didn't really want them or need them but they are included in a "option pack" the dealers have put together using the $1000 free accessories and $1000 toward a lifestyle pack as per the current promotions / Toyota website. Dealers seem to have put together an 'option pack' with those 3 items, plus tow bar tongue, tow ball and wiring to use up the $2000 from the promotion. If you want you can get vehicles without the 3 items and package your own accessories, but, for me, that was near impossible in the time frame I had available.

If I wanted to wait for delivery for 1-2 weeks, I think there may be another $1-2k in the deal.
SurferSR5

Postby MatthewH01 on Wed, 06 Nov 2019 7:47 +0000

SurferSR5 wrote:NOTE: The Dash Cam, Front Parking Assist Sensors, and Tailgate 'dampener' strut are Toyota Australia "FREE" to dealers as part of current promotions. I didn't really want them or need them but they are included in a "option pack" the dealers have put together using the $1000 free accessories and $1000 toward a lifestyle pack as per the current promotions / Toyota website. Dealers seem to have put together an 'option pack' with those 3 items, plus tow bar tongue, tow ball and wiring to use up the $2000 from the promotion. If you want you can get vehicles without the 3 items and package your own accessories, but, for me, that was near impossible in the time frame I had available.

Where is this $1000 toward a “lifestyle pack” on the website? I am looking at buying a SR5 soon, but am only aware of the free on-roads and $1000 of genuine accessories offers...
MatthewH01

Postby SurferSR5 on Thu, 07 Nov 2019 12:37 +0000

MatthewH01 wrote:
SurferSR5 wrote:NOTE: The Dash Cam, Front Parking Assist Sensors, and Tailgate 'dampener' strut are Toyota Australia "FREE" to dealers as part of current promotions. I didn't really want them or need them but they are included in a "option pack" the dealers have put together using the $1000 free accessories and $1000 toward a lifestyle pack as per the current promotions / Toyota website. Dealers seem to have put together an 'option pack' with those 3 items, plus tow bar tongue, tow ball and wiring to use up the $2000 from the promotion. If you want you can get vehicles without the 3 items and package your own accessories, but, for me, that was near impossible in the time frame I had available.

Where is this $1000 toward a “lifestyle pack” on the website? I am looking at buying a SR5 soon, but am only aware of the free on-roads and $1000 of genuine accessories offers...

Looks like it's still there ... Select a "dealer" website and then choose a Hilux SR5 to price. You'll see it in the listing detail.

Not sure if this will work, but here's a link to one:

https://hinterlandtoyota.dealer.toyota. ... 0GFLA20040

Looks like the free inroads, $1000 accessories and $1000 lifestyle pack runs until 30 November 2019.

Remember it's only at "participating" dealers too, so hunt around your local dealers websites to see if they are all "participating" in this promo.
SurferSR5

Postby MatthewH01 on Thu, 07 Nov 2019 4:18 +0000

SurferSR5 wrote:
MatthewH01 wrote:

Looks like it's still there ... Select a "dealer" website and then choose a Hilux SR5 to price. You'll see it in the listing detail.

Not sure if this will work, but here's a link to one:

https://hinterlandtoyota.dealer.toyota. ... 0GFLA20040

Looks like the free inroads, $1000 accessories and $1000 lifestyle pack runs until 30 November 2019.

Remember it's only at "participating" dealers too, so hunt around your local dealers websites to see if they are all "participating" in this promo.

Must be a dealer/state specific thing, no SA dealers are offering it.

Do you know what was in the 3 packs?
MatthewH01

Postby SurferSR5 on Fri, 08 Nov 2019 3:55 +0000

Looks like some SA, Adelaide, dealers have the ABN 2.9% finance offer instead, while another has just $2000 of free accessories. So, there are deals and promotions there ...

I see a far fewhave demo models for sale too, which will most likely be the pre update, pre May 2029 model. If the active (radar) cruise, lane change alert, pre collision system aren't in the mix, it's really no biggie, so some good sub $50k demo prices around. Just make sure they are post July, or is it Sept 2018 models with the upgraded DPF system (manual button etc).

As for the lifestyle packs, from memory...

Urban Warrior had nudge bar, tow tongue, tow ball wiring, and something else... Maybe soft tonneau.

Tradie pack had roof racks, ladder rack, tow tongue etc and I think soft tonneau.

Getaway adventure pack had bullbar, driving lights, tow tongue etc, soft tonneau, ute liner and something else I can't recall.

Good luck on your search and purchase, post up what you get and pay when you've done the deal!
SurferSR5

Postby MatthewH01 on Sat, 09 Nov 2019 8:03 +0000

I have worked out what I want, but need to wait another week until I finish my probation at work before I commit to the purchase, so haven’t begun negotiating pricing with the dealer yet.

HiLux 2019 (with TSS) SR5 Manual in Crystal Pearl with:
Genuine Premium Canopy
Canopy Central Locking (Rear door only)
Rubber Cargo Mat for Tub
Dust Defence Kit

Depending on the negotiations, might also end up getting:
Tow Bar Tongue & Wiring
Dash Camera

Will get also get aftermarket Floor Mats from 3D Mats (https://3dmats.com.au/product/to-fit-hi ... agu-rubber) & Black Duck Seat Covers (Front only to start with)
MatthewH01

Postby MatthewH01 on Sat, 16 Nov 2019 5:11 +0000

Well, pulled the trigger today and signed for the car, ended up getting:
HiLux 2019 (with TSS) SR5 Manual
Crystal Pearl
Genuine Premium Canopy
Rubber Cargo Mat for Tub
Dust Defence Kit
Rubber Mats Front & Rear

For $58.3k, discount of $7800

Didn’t think there was much more in it, pretty happy in the end.
MatthewH01

Postby SurferSR5 on Sun, 17 Nov 2019 5:40 +0000

MatthewH01 wrote:Well, pulled the trigger today and signed for the car, ended up getting:
HiLux 2019 (with TSS) SR5 Manual
Crystal Pearl
Genuine Premium Canopy
Rubber Cargo Mat for Tub
Dust Defence Kit
Rubber Mats Front & Rear

For $58.3k, discount of $7800

Didn’t think there was much more in it, pretty happy in the end.
Awesome!

When do you get it?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
SurferSR5

Postby MatthewH01 on Sun, 17 Nov 2019 9:33 +0000

SurferSR5 wrote:Awesome!

When do you get it?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Roughly 3 weeks, dealer has to get the car & canopy in first, so no definitive date yet.
MatthewH01

Postby DenSos on Fri, 29 Nov 2019 5:20 +0000

I got my hands on a 2017 SR5 about a month ago, came with tinted windows, car seat covers, Toyota factory winch bar, full service history, recalls done etc 60xxxKs $39,990. Bear in mind I live at the ass end of the world. (Tas)
DenSos

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion