2016 Hilux

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Re: 2016 Hilux

Postby oggy on Thu, 01 Oct 2015 4:57 +0000

They don't come with all the fruit either :? The two i saw at Cobram toyota had no projector headlights. The extra cab had a dodgey center console and no diff lock . It also lacked the farkin ridiculous plastic side steps :lol: :? :?
Occupational health and safety officers..Stop messin with Darwin's theory of natural selection... Stupid hippies.

Oggy's build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19033
oggy

Postby Stryker on Thu, 01 Oct 2015 5:42 +0000

I find when a new model is introduced it can take a bit of time to get used to the new look but in this case it could take a lot of time!!
Stryker

Postby Scratchblades on Thu, 01 Oct 2015 6:42 +0000

Well im going to go back to Castle HIll on Monday, as they say theyve made a mistake with my Value of my 2013 SR5 , i did make it very clear ill write a cheque for just under 20K changeover but Piss off with the idea of 30K !

Like the looks of the new one for sure, but yeah will take some getting used too like the previous model did.

SB.
Scratchblades

Postby tonyp on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 5:25 +0000

After looking at one first hand yesterday I was impressed with the car overall. But found it very hard to swallow the initial price of the SR5. $60,000. That's not the SR5 +

Then for my lifestyle and work I need a canopy and 4 ladder racks and throw in a tow Bar and nudge the price up to approx $66,000.

Am I the only person who is now running around looking for a run out sale of the 2015 model ? But my situation is different than others I'd say as my lease is up in a couple of months and just want to change over before my 2011 loses much more value and go over the 100,000 Klm mark.

Why I ask in this thread as I would like to know an average price from someone who has just bought a run out SR5 dual cab diesel . Who may have had the same idea.

Cheer Tony
2010 sr5 diesel
tonyp

Postby baldy69181 on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 6:51 +0000

i looked at the run out model 6 weeks ago and the best price i could get was $49600 with no extras so i bought a second hand 2014 with 30,000 on it but came with canopy towbar electric brakes bullbar spotties and lifted 2" for $44500.00.
baldy69181

Postby Scratchblades on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 1:26 +0000

I went back there today, can cut a deal for 40K trade on mine which is loaded with accesssories, i might list mine on carsales for 43K ive only done 45K in 2.6 years
Scratchblades

Postby Scratchblades on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 1:50 +0000

tonyp wrote:After looking at one first hand yesterday I was impressed with the car overall. But found it very hard to swallow the initial price of the SR5. $60,000. That's not the SR5 +

Then for my lifestyle and work I need a canopy and 4 ladder racks and throw in a tow Bar and nudge the price up to approx $66,000.

Am I the only person who is now running around looking for a run out sale of the 2015 model ? But my situation is different than others I'd say as my lease is up in a couple of months and just want to change over before my 2011 loses much more value and go over the 100,000 Klm mark.

Why I ask in this thread as I would like to know an average price from someone who has just bought a run out SR5 dual cab diesel . Who may have had the same idea.

Cheer Tony

Hi Tony,

Castle Hill sold there last run out one today, with no accesories at all. Youd be hard pressed to find out, but id check the online websites or ask around.

I believe the run out price is 49K driveaway. Goodluck with whatever it is you go with.

Cheers

SB
Scratchblades

Postby adamkberger on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 3:39 +0000

I'm going to look at a new one Monday. So far I like the look of the new one in the photos but will make a decision once I test drive it. If I like it I will be looking to part with my 2014 model for $48k if anyone is interested. It only has 14,900km on it and is like new condition.
2015 SR5 2.8 Dual Cab Hilux
adamkberger

Postby tonyp on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 4:49 +0000

Thanks for the feedback on my questions and thoughts. Please don't anyone get me wrong I love the new model and would like one but the extra $10 K plus extra's is just not justified for me and my situation.

A quick rundown, I signed the dotted line on a New 2015 SR5, AUTO, Dual Cab Diesel in Lustre colour ( was not my first choice but in flesh happy ) Razorback/SMM canopy 2 x Lift up side windows with central locking, Toyota Tow Bar, Deluxe Nudge Bar and a couple of Spot Lights, Rego, and a free full tank of fuel, Capped servicing for 3 years, and that Toyota Axis Agreed price at end of lease.

The repayments worked out to be $50 Less per month than the Hilux I'm in now. So was a no brainer to go from a 4 1/2 year old car to a Brand new one at $50 less a month.

This SR5 was the last one in that the dealer had. They have sold 4 in 3 weeks and I think he said there was another sitting up the top of yard ( without tray ) Sr I assume.

Note- this is only my situation as I have leased it through my business and the GST I claim back straight away and the deprecation in Tax each year made it for a very easy choice.

I do know of one other on the Gold Coast, I think it is a Demo Model. SR5 Auto White with approx 7,000 Klm on clock.

P.S. sorry to highjack this post but just wanted to ask others experience and prices before I signed the Line.

But Gee the 2016 ones look nice in flesh 8-)

Cheers
2010 sr5 diesel
tonyp

Postby MarkTGood on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 5:06 +0000

I just had a look at the new Hilux today and on the whole
I like it.
There were 2 things I did notice though,
1, no rear Ac vents, I swear I saw them on the publicity shots, cheeky.
2, there is a stupid metal antenna on the glass in the driver's view on the SR5. It's silly that it's not moved to the passenger side for RHD market.

I'm looking forward to test driving it but I might give it a month or two for the excitement to die down.
MarkTGood

Postby Scratchblades on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 6:47 +0000

Hey Mark

That thing on the driver side up top, r u sure its not a rain sensor for the wipers ?

SB
Scratchblades

Postby Richard on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 10:36 +0000

I think now that the new models are finally here this thread needs to have the speculation/rumors separated from the real as I find it a bit of a challenge cutting in where the real starts.
Richard

Postby Talktheroo on Sat, 03 Oct 2015 9:23 +0000

Now that I know the prices of the 1GD-FTV 4x4 models, I think they are over priced.
It's a ute, and I think Toyota has lost that concept.
It really poo's me off when in Thailand they are paying $20,000.00 less as an average, then us in Australia.
It's a global market place now, so why is it bend over Australia?
The Roo.
Passing through country and seeing country are two different things.
Talktheroo

Postby Richolux150 on Sun, 04 Oct 2015 8:49 +0000

Richard wrote:I think now that the new models are finally here this thread needs to have the speculation/rumors separated from the real as I find it a bit of a challenge cutting in where the real starts.

NEW MODEL OUT NOW/SOONish :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers Richo
If cat turds were Gold nuggets, I'd be the richest bloke on the block... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richolux150

Postby Pete'90 on Sun, 04 Oct 2015 10:57 +0000

Singleton toyota have 7 remaining 150series hilux utes in house for those that want the previous shape. Heard it on the radio today.
Don't mind the new ones btw. But I don't think I'm in any rush to upgrade ATM.
Was offered a good amount for a trade in though.
Build thread:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=23139

Regards
Pete
Pete'90

Postby taresk on Mon, 05 Oct 2015 1:32 +0000

I was happy to hear Toyota was still providing for the petrolheads, maintaining a V6, but going through the specs on Toyota's website, it's only in there as an afterthought.

The new models comes in 15 variations, each with the option of 6 speed auto or their fancy new 6 speed intelligent manual (which actually sounds like it would be useful, but words on paper/ real world, you know how that goes).

Want a V6?, you can choose from 3 of those 15.

Want a fancy new intelligent manual? Then you can't have the V6, it's auto only.

I'm guessing it won't be long before they follow the crowds and drop the petrol altogether, I think I'll be hanging on to my current Lux for quite a while yet.
taresk

Postby singlespeed on Mon, 05 Oct 2015 12:04 +0000

taresk wrote:I was happy to hear Toyota was still providing for the petrolheads, maintaining a V6, but going through the specs on Toyota's website, it's only in there as an afterthought.

The new models comes in 15 variations, each with the option of 6 speed auto or their fancy new 6 speed intelligent manual (which actually sounds like it would be useful, but words on paper/ real world, you know how that goes).

Want a fancy new intelligent manual? Then you can't have the V6, it's auto only.

I'm guessing it won't be long before they follow the crowds and drop the petrol altogether, I think I'll be hanging on to my current Lux for quite a while yet.

The U.S. Market has a new 3.5l, perhaps once that engine is released in Oz there will be more options.
2014 Hilux SR5 D4D 5A Grey w/ Blk Leather

Disclaimer:
My opinion is the opposite of your opinion, even if you change your opinion to my opinion.
singlespeed

Postby 180degrees on Tue, 06 Oct 2015 8:37 +0000

taresk wrote:I was happy to hear Toyota was still providing for the petrolheads, maintaining a V6, but going through the specs on Toyota's website, it's only in there as an afterthought.

Thats because no one buys them...

they account for less than 1% of the total hilux sales a dealer principle told me when I asked why they had no V6 to test drive, sorry to say but diesel for a car like this makes sense from an engineering point of view and also a sales point of view... Its a bit silly Toyota even put the v6 back into circulation at all if you ask me.

After looking at the workmate, sr and sr5 at my dealer I'd say the sr would be the pick of the bunch, it has all the mechanical fruit of the SR5 at a much lower price and by all accounts this model is very good offroad just add some muddies and a small lift and it should be pretty good in most situations.
180degrees

Postby Dave_o on Tue, 06 Oct 2015 9:05 +0000

awarenica wrote:2016 Toyota HiLux Review

http://www.caradvice.com.au/386178/2016 ... ux-review/

More refined and mature than ever before; updated 2.8-litre turbo diesel a standout; great transmission; better steering; quieter than some SUVs on the road; truly tough and seriously capable off-roadSuspension still transmits a lot of bumps into the cabin; benchmark 3.5-tonne towing capacity only in manual guise; top models still have less than one-tonne payload
OUR RATING
8.5 / 10

PRICE A$22,990 - $57,990
MRLP
ANCAP RATINGN/A

2016 Toyota HiLux Review 2016 Toyota HiLux Review 2016 Toyota HiLux Review
by Matt Campbell Senior EditorToday

The 2016 Toyota HiLux could be the most important vehicle the Japanese brand launches this decade.

The Toyota HiLux has long had a reputation for being one of the toughest utes on the market, and with this, the eighth-generation model, the brand says it has made the unbreakable HiLux even more unbreakable.

Toyota has spent six years and covered more than 650,000 kilometres around Australia in developing the all-new HiLux, and the company claims it has taken a step up from the top-selling model it replaces.

Let’s get one thing out of the way: Toyota’s development team could have rested on their laurels and done as little as possible to get the updated model over the line – but they didn’t.

Development started in 2009, and the company was part-way through the process when newcomers like the Volkswagen Amarok and Ford Ranger/Mazda BT-50 meant the company tore up its plans and went back to the drawing board. That was 2011, and now Toyota reckons it has done everything needed to ensure strong sales for the years to come.

How much has changed? In short, a lot.

Underneath is an all-new frame and platform that has been strengthened for better structural rigidity, and that new frame has meant that the benchmark 3.5-tonne towing capability that rivals had lauded previously is now achieved by some variants of the HiLux range (manual 2.8-litre diesels; auto 2.8L diesels have 3.2-tonne capacity).

2016 Toyota HiLux Review
There’s a new suspension setup – revised leaf springs and new mounting points designed for better ride comfort and compliance – and the new locally developed “rugged” suspension tune has been such a hit that it will be rolled out for demanding markets such as Russia, South Africa and the Middle East.

There are new engines and gearboxes – the most important of which was fitted to the model we spent most of our time in at the Australian launch of the new HiLux this week, the SR5+ dual-cab diesel, a $57,990 plus on-road costs proposition that has plenty of standard kit including leather trim and electric driver’s seat adjustment.

The new 2.8-litre four-cylinder turbo diesel unit has a smaller capacity that the previous model (3.0L), and one fewer cylinder than a couple of its chief rivals (BT-50 and Ranger have a five-cylinder 3.2L engine).

It also produces less power and torque than some main rivals with the newly-developed six-speed automatic gearbox version pumping out 130kW and 450Nm (the manual has even less – 130kW and 420Nm).

While the new 2.8-litre’s peak pulling power hits a little later and doesn’t last as long as it did in the 3.0L version (2.8L: 1600-2400rpm; 3.0L: 1400-3200rpm), there is more torque and therefore it never feels overwhelmed.

In fact, this engine is a standout. It is so markedly more refined in its nature than the engine that previously powered the HiLux that it almost makes you think this could have been built by a different manufacturer. It is considerably smoother in building momentum and startlingly quieter than the gruff old engine in the existing HiLux.

2016 Toyota HiLux Review
In fact, the noise, vibration and harshness improvements in the HiLux’s cabin are massive. There’s virtually no road noise intrusion at all and there are few of the frustrating vibrations that used to fill the cockpit. Our only real complaint is a little bit of wind noise at highway speeds.

The six-speed automatic shifts gears smoothly and effectively on the road, cleverly and cleanly dropping down gears when you brake, and even blipping the throttle in some situations.

We also tested the 2.8-litre manual model with a 2700 kilogram off-road caravan in tow, and the power delivery and refinement once again shone through.

From a hill-start (testing the HiLux’s anti-rollback feature that can keep the vehicle stationary for a couple of seconds) to some higher speed straights with crosswinds and typical sweeping highway bends, the manual HiLux never felt out of its depth, even with such a load to lug. The integrated brake booster switch was neatly mounted in a blank on the dashboard.

While the old HiLux was something of a bucker and wobbler, the new one is considerably better controlled in terms of the suspension composure and compliance. It is considerably better than it was before, although you do still feel a lot of the bumps in the cabin (even with ballast on-board), and off-road the back end can buck over larger potholes.

2016 Toyota HiLux Review
Its steering is better, too. Toyota hasn’t moved to an electric system – a retuned hydraulic rack and pinion is fitted – but the new unit is much more focused on offering ease of use.

The old HiLux’s steering was heavy and a bit of a pain to use around town, but the new lighter system in the 4×4 models makes for easier parking manoeuvres, as well as better cornering response at higher speeds.

And because – according to Toyota Australia research – 100 per cent of HiLux owners will take their vehicles off-road, the launch program included an array of different rough-and-tumble tasks, all of which the Toyota truck dealt with brilliantly.

In 4H and 4L the steering is impressively accurate and nicely weighted – an important factor when you’re perched precariously on the edge of a rut or about to make a quick correction on the rocks.

Slow going is made easier by the HiLux’s wheel articulation, which has been bettered by 20 per cent, while the approach (31 degrees, was 30) and departure (26 degrees, was 23) angles make steep hill ascents and descents easier. Ground clearance – 279mm – is improved by 25 per cent, so rut-jumping isn’t as much of an issue.

Add to that a completely revised underbody protection system that was fine-tuned by being smashed and muddied for thousands of hours, and you know that the guts of the Lux should be well protected.

2016 Toyota HiLux Review
All of this was evident during our off-road stints in various cars of different specifications. The SR models with their newly-developed all-terrain tyres had excellent grip, while traction was readily available up the craggy, slippery hillsides, even on the 18-inch highway tyres of the SR5 models. The upgraded hill descent control system was far less graunchy and noisy than the existing version (still seen in Prado). The low-range gearing has been fiddled, too, so much so that in first gear in 4L it is entirely possible to leave the hill descent control to momentum.

And with a wading depth of 700mm – 100mm less than the class-leading Ranger and BT-50 – the HiLux copes quite well in the wet.

At the business end, the diesel dual-cab SR5 model has a better payload than the model it replaces (was 835kg, now 925kg), but that’s still less than some rivals like the BT-50 (top-spec GT: 1082kg).

Still, the tub has been redesigned and is now longer (by 19mm, now 1569mm) and wider (up 79mm, now 1645mm) than before, and it while it is slightly deeper than it was (up 20mm, now 481mm) it isn’t as deep as some rival tubs. And while the 1109mm wheel-arch gap in the tub isn’t going to be able to fit a pallet, there are plenty of cab-chassis offerings that will.

Inside is massively improved, too. Repeat buyers will be thoroughly impressed at how far the eighth-generation Toyota HiLux has come compared with its predecessor, and many rivals can’t match the standards set by the big Japanese truck.

2016 Toyota HiLux Review
The interior is completely new, and in a first for the ute segment, every model has a touchscreen media system. In the SR5 you get satellite navigation and digital radio, too, and the system is simple to use – though we wonder how many tradies in the Workmate model will wish for a more dust-resistant screen… That said, all models with the pick-up tub get a reverse-view camera as standard, while cab-chassis buyers can get a camera fitted for just $440. Nice one, Toyota.

However, there are some really thoughtful touches to the cabin, including a cooler box that can store two 600mL bottles, and a pair of hidden stowage bins in the rear underneath the split-fold back seat base.

Parents will be happy to learn that ISOFIX points with top-tether straps are fitted to the outboard rear seats, but those same parents may also be a little disappointed by a lack of rear-seat air vents.

And while the new HiLux’s back seat accommodation is suitably improved, it perhaps doesn’t feel as spacious as some competitors for shoulder space or overall width. But the back seat has more legroom, is quieter and has a more comfortable seat than before, there’s a flip-down armrest with cupholders, and a pair of clever shopping bag hooks in some models, too.

As far as well-rounded utes in this segment go, there are plenty, but the 2016 Toyota HiLux may well be the best of the bunch. It is more refined yet more rugged than before, and it also has better equipment and more technology.

2016 Toyota HiLux Review
2016 Toyota HiLux Review
We can’t wait to put it against its rivals to see how it stacks up in the dual-cab 4×4 pack. Stay tuned.

Submit an Owner Car Review
TOYOTA HILUX BREAKDOWN

2016 Toyota HiLux Review
CarAdvice Rating 8.5
Performance & Economy 8.5
Cabin Space & Comfort 8
Technology & Connectivity 9
Price & Features 8.5
Ride & Handling 8

Personally Id be taking anything Caradvice says with a blood pressure raising sized grain of salt.

They're not exactly tough markers..

http://www.caradvice.com.au/247083/ford ... -dual-cab/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/376301/2015 ... re-review/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/351146/2016 ... on-review/
Dave_o

Postby incman on Tue, 06 Oct 2015 10:23 +0000

pricing & specs

https://www.mr4x4.com.au/new-2016-toyot ... -and-specs

cant see where the sr5 and sr5+ differ?
incman

PreviousNext