V6 turbo diesel 2017 amarok

General discussion of basically anything related to the 2015> Hilux

Re: V6 turbo diesel 2017 amarok

Postby Beta on Thu, 05 May 2016 8:21 +0000

Mrmal wrote:^^^^^^ :roll: maybe someone needs to explain to me the translation technique between
"the Ranger XLT outsells the SR5 continually"
&
"the current XLT Ranger has outsold the new SR5 Hilux in the first part of 2016"

:)

yep you know what I meant :shock: , geez getting technical, and yep the XLT is continually outselling the SR5 so far this year :lol: :roll: :geek:
Beta

Postby ktm300 on Thu, 05 May 2016 8:56 +0000

Not sure why the ranger is a shit box , Iam yet to see many off road do any good.

Must be the grey nomads buying them for towing

Iam not a fan of fords , They are yet to make a decent 4wd

Toyota has many in its range all very capable
ktm300

Postby LocalFart on Thu, 05 May 2016 11:28 +0000

ktm300 wrote:Not sure why the ranger is a shit box , Iam yet to see many off road do any good.

Must be the grey nomads buying them for towing

Iam not a fan of fords , They are yet to make a decent 4wd

Toyota has many in its range all very capable

I think for a daily driver with a tiny bit of actual ute work they outshine the hilux hands down... but take one off road or for a long trip and you'll know why we all bought Hilux's :lol:

I may be wrong but I have heard that the rangers front grills fall off if they get driven too hard.. something to do with the plastic clips holding them together.
LocalFart

Postby ktm300 on Thu, 05 May 2016 5:11 +0000

ktm300

Postby luxislife on Tue, 07 Jun 2016 5:48 +0000

My father in law had a late model 2011 amarock with 88k on it and on his big trip up north that he had been planning for the past 6 month made it as far as 200 Ks before Newman before the fan belt snapped and took the timing belt as well out which caused a catastrophic failure..
When the flatbed turned up the bloke was shaking his head and said its the 5th amarock in 3 weeks that he's had to tow back to Newman..
Once in Newman and sorting all the sh@t out the local mechanic said "if you want to travel up here the only car you should bring is either a prado or a hilux they are the only ones that last up here"
So he went home and bought a new Prado kitted it out at ARB and drove back up and loved it..
Now after months on the phone with VW back and forth they decided to fix it and restamped the new block with the old numbers like nothing ever happened.... Cheeky wankers.
Now these are accounts from him so I'm only giving the version of what he told me, now he's an old farmer so he likes things that can take a beating but mention VW and you get a mouthful of @")($&@ amarock.
From my point of view it drove nice on the black top but that's it the paint was so thin it was rediculous and as for beach driving in sand ( with the manual ) POS you nearly burn the clutch out trying to get it going...
luxislife

Postby wasn on Mon, 13 Jun 2016 6:40 +0000

Ok, I will chime in here,
before I say anything these are the facts.
I have been a toyo man all my life. We currently have a 2016 SR5 and a 2016 Amarok Canyon.
To put it subtly, the amarok have it over the Hilux in every catagory except brand loyalty.
The auto in the rok is just a different league to everyone else. Of course if I was rock hopping or insane 4wdling the Hilux maybe a better proposition. But for a daily driver and go bushcamping a few time a year, you cannot compare the 2, as the difference is so vast it's stagering.
To be honest, neither my last rok or hilux did give me any problem at all, I think all modern 4wd are the same they all have some issues as they are becomi g very complex machines, The service from the toyoya people was alot friendlier than the vw people"snots". Service cost was similar. Fuel consumption was a one way battle the the hilux could never win. I drove from bribie Is. To Lansvale Sydney on one tank in the VW, a feat I could not replicate with the Hilux.
thats enough of those 2.

Ok I currently have a Q7 in my driveway, my missus car. It has the 3.0L in it. one word that describe this thing.
PHENOMENAL !!! is understating how good this motor is.
It wont be just Toyota that will be watching this with eyes wide open. The top specs dual cabs are the cream of profits in the 4wd world.

Wouldnt suprise me if Ford and Toyota rush something through. I hope they do, the more competition, the better.
The consumer wins in the end.... and thats all of us here
wasn

Postby nickoslux on Mon, 13 Jun 2016 7:46 +0000

I will be having a bood look at the v6. I've got a 2016 auto hilux and it is a dimwitted, fuel guzzleing pig. Am seriously thinking of swapping it out for a manual but might have a look at other options. The manual mode doesn't work at all it just overrides whatever you choose. With the technology available toyota have put this horrible gearbox in what is supposed to be a once in 10 years update. It uses around 20% more fuel than my 2012 manual did.
nickoslux

Postby Magnum06 on Mon, 13 Jun 2016 8:01 +0000

Before buying my 2013 SR5 when I was in the market for a dual cab 4x4 I was set on the Highline/ Ultimate Rok. I read a lot of good things about them. Some bad also, but mostly good. I was actually turned away from the Hilux because of its agricultural gear shift, only 5 spd, handling wasn't as good, smaller cabin, tub and PRICE. Similiar specd Roks were considerably cheaper second hand.

In the end I couldnt find the Rok I wanted. I didnt like the idea of a Euro 4x4 and the 2.0L engine was quite revvy. Something brought me back to the Hilux. I knew in my head that the Rok probably is a better dual cab overall, but having driven Hiluxs for work the last few years and knowing the abuse they can cop, I came back to them and bought my own.

Theres a simple toughness about a Hilux. I love mine even though there are better alternatives for your money.

I think a lot of us are brand loyal in this case. The new V6 Rok will be interesting and even more interesting to see what Ford and Toyota come back with. Toyota seem to be very set with the Hilux. They don't change much through the years.
Magnum06

Postby ktm450 on Mon, 13 Jun 2016 8:33 +0000

Nicko your comparing a manual to an auto. Always going to be different
ktm450

Previous

Return to General Discussion