Lights in the tub

Lights in the tub

Postby Higherlux on Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:35 +0000

I have a hard cover, and tub liner, and found it difficult to unload stuff at night as it is dark and shadowy in there. Has anyone fitted a light inside the tub area, or got some ideas on how to do it? I was thinking of having a switch in the cabin to avoid accidental switch ons, and wondering if this is possible?
Maybe a could just use a torch, but there is nowhere to store the darn thing inside the cabin!!8-) 8-)
Higherlux

Lights in the tub

Postby camwill69 on Fri, 08 Jun 2007 4:28 +0000

Hi Higherlux,
In my Navara that i traded I had a hard cover and got a narva interior light. It had a switch for {on/ off/ door}.

I wired in a micro switch at the front of the cover and it just came on when you lifted the lid.

Light was $40 and switch $22.

Worked well. I will lock for some photos.

Regards,
Camwill69
camwill69

Lights in the tub

Postby Steve9R on Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:19 +0000

Dunno whether you'd want a micro switch etc on it though, cause i quite often have the lid off on mine.. and that'd cause a constant on..

Not too hard a mod.. ill do it on mine and show you what i come up with if you like..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Lights in the tub

Postby camwill69 on Sat, 18 Jan 2020 7:26 +0000

Hi Steve,
On mine I had the micro switch on the body but the light on the cover, each time I removed the cover all I had was a three pin male/ female plug which you unplug to remove cover. Leaving protected female plug in tray.

Also the Narva light had three switch positions. ON/OFF/DOOR.

It,s a low watt fluro tub (100mm round) and did not use much power. Being mounted on the underside of the cover it through good light.

Look forward to your seeing option.

Sorry but I can't find photo's.

Regards,
Camwill69
Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat, 18 Jan 2020 7:26 +0000.
camwill69

Return to Electrical