Steering Wheel Controls

Steering Wheel Controls

Postby H20PRF on Sun, 30 May 2010 8:39 +0000

HI All,

This Questions more for the elec guru's

ok ive obtained a TRD Steering Wheel with all of the Audio and mode controls on the left and right side of the wheels as well as the factory cruise stick which i already havem, So what i want too know is, seeing that i hvae the factory 09 Factory Double Din Sat nav, do you think the wheel should be a simple plug n play ?

Any feedback welcome

Cheers
H20PRF

Re: Steering Wheel Controls

Postby Tonym on Sun, 06 Jun 2010 7:07 +0000

What year model is the car? I was told by a aftermarket sat nav/stero supplier/fitter who does heaps of different cars in my area that I cannot retro fit a audio button steering wheel as there is no electrical wiring or circuitry in the older model steering columns. I have a april 07 build car with factory cruise control. Dont know if this is dead certain but it made me think twice about trying to change my wheel.I think its a huge job just to change the wheel because of the airbag. I dont know of any aftermarket add ons available either.
Tonym

Postby topcat on Sun, 06 Jun 2010 9:42 +0000

Anyone know the wiring diagram for the steering wheel controls?

Thanks in advance
Tony
topcat

Postby H20PRF on Wed, 17 Apr 2024 2:41 +0000

Hi Tony,

Ive since found out that , i need the cable from the back of the OEM Sat/Nav to the back of the clock spring , the clockspring i have is for an 09/10 model Hilux, The newer clockspring is a straight fit,

So if you have the later model wheel with audio controls, the when you fit the cockspring in place, the audio plugs in the wheel click into the front side of the clockspring, and from behind, the cable goes back into the Sat Nav,.........

Its actually not a big job, provided you ahve the right parts, the cable that goes from the back of the clock spring to the radio is a 20 Pin plug but only uses 4 Pins...........

Im slowly collecting my bits for this and will probbaly have it done in a few weeks, as im taking my time and Fujitsu 10 was great in supplying the PIN outs.

heres a link to the wiring diagram for fitting audio controls with out changing the wheel bare in mind the link below is for a PRADO not a HIlux, but there pretty similar.

http://www.pradopoint.com/viewtopic.php ... ausio+mute

Cheers
Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed, 17 Apr 2024 2:41 +0000.
H20PRF

Return to Electrical