'Always on headlights'

'Always on headlights'

Postby Harves on Tue, 17 Mar 2009 8:33 +0000

Hi Guys,
I have just brought an Oct 06 Hilux for a good price. Its an mine spec car that has done most of its work with city driving. The problem i have is its got 'always on headlights'. Does anyone know if this is wired into the system or is it coded into the BCM? If it is wired generally what do i need to look for to disable it.
I had a bit of a look but its hard to see as its also wired with cruise, Spot lights (looks to be wired with an Narva neg switching box), CB and aux 12v so lots of wires running everywhere. Just looking for a bit of info.

Cheers,
Harves
Harves

Re: 'Always on headlights'

Postby HiruxHijinx on Wed, 18 Mar 2009 6:41 +0000

When I buy them (I work in procurement for a large mining construction co.) I get them (daytime running lights) hard wired along with the reverse beepers, radios, tracking monitors, spot lights, work lights, orange lights, winches, cranes and fridges.
I would be looking for a hard wire arrangement, as this is what all the companies spec out.
Under the dash near the ignition is where I have seen them done usually. But it could also be wired from the engine bay. Depends on who wired it I guess.

Sam.
HiruxHijinx

Return to Electrical