Installing a EURO 4 ECU into an 05 Hilux

Installing a EURO 4 ECU into an 05 Hilux

Postby BigBrewskie on Mon, 21 Nov 2022 8:59 +0000

Okay lads feel free to piss yourselves laughing at this one. But I'll own up to it, I've made a pretty crucial mistake in the ordering process of installing new injectors into my 05 Hilux. So basically my 05 hilux has done 210 thousand km's and it's started to run a little rough and blow some smoke. I've decided to go ahead and replace all my injectors and injector lines and found that the injector on cylinder 3 had a decent amount of blowby. After installing everything I noticed the codes on my injectors where for a Euro 4 06 hilux not a Euro 3 05.

I've started it and have actually been driving it around for about 2 weeks with the 06 injectors uncoded to the ECU and it seems to be running well and much better then it was before injector replacement.

My only concern is that overtime running it with uncoded injectors is going to cause some issues. I was wondering if it's possible to install an 06 Euro 4 ECU, code the injectors and switch off any extra sensor input that the Euro 4 ECU may be expecting from an 06 hilux. Like any EGR cooler sensors etc.

I understand this is probably not a common situation to come across but if anyone has any suggestions, would be much appreciated.

Note: i'm not ready to set the old ute alight just yet :lol:
BigBrewskie

Return to Electrical