Left Headlights ON Warning....

Left Headlights ON Warning....

Postby simonwar on Tue, 09 Nov 2021 2:03 +0000

Hi,

I no longer get the beeping noise to tell me I've left my headlight on when I switch off the ignition and remove the key.

Is this a fixable issue, if so anyone done this?

Cheers, Simon.
Hilux 2006 DWD 3.0 Diesel Dual Cab 4x4 SR5 KUN26R
simonwar

Re: Left Headlights ON Warning....

Postby Rob_Wood on Tue, 09 Nov 2021 9:58 +0000

Mine doesn't make noise until I actually open the door to get out. If it's not that simple, then the short answer is "Yes", everything is a "fixable issue".
First question is have you been doing any other work / jobs on the vehicle? especially under the dash? Just check you haven't knocked a connector off or loose?
Mine is an earlier model and the buzzer is under the dash, but I'll be interested to hear what resolves this one, because my buzzer is starting to sound a bit "worn out".
Rob_Wood

Postby simonwar on Wed, 10 Nov 2021 5:26 +0000

No I haven't done any works, but did notice that someone has added a modem and run a live off the brake light switch loom. to power it....(and i do have a brake light problem as well, but need to look at the loom under the tub before I get to concerned).

Back to the buzzer ....
I have read that there will be a live to ground through the door switch, if i pull the switch and find it can check im getting 12V, but with the buzzer where is it exactly ..... is it a dash off problem?

power flows from the 15A Tail fuse to Pin 11 of the Integration Relay. Pin 10 of the Integration relay (red wire) should be attached to the door switch (ground) and sounds the buzzer

(My Tail Fuse is 10A, 2006 D4D, so im a bit unclear if this advice is accurate?)

I can check the door switch closes on door opening. tick
I can check there is 12V on this red wire. tick

Was hoping to get at the buzzer from up under the steering column. this is the sticky bit - where is it?
simonwar

Postby Rob_Wood on Wed, 10 Nov 2021 9:38 +0000

If I'm reading this right, then it's behind the kick panel

Okie then, can't figure out how to upload the file, but I have a wiring diagram for the "light reminder" circuit if you're interested.
Hint: the first line was typed before I figured out I dunno how to attach a file to the thread.
Rob_Wood

Return to Electrical