2015 sr cornering noise and sensetive vsc

2015 sr cornering noise and sensetive vsc

Postby BuildersLux15 on Mon, 18 Mar 2019 2:58 +0000

Hi to all the members out there who reads this...
Trying to diagnose a problem I've encountered in my 2015 sr hilux that seems to be getting worse, It might be just that im aware of it now so notice it all the time but whatever the case, it's there and I'm sure it's not normal.
I'll try explain the symptoms the best I can.
The ute is a 2015 sr with about 64000 km on the clock.
I've had an ome 50mm kit installed, springs, shocks etc and am running maxxis 265/75/r16's.
What's happening is when I corner, and it's most evident when I'm cornering left (weight on the front right tyre) its whines as if someones holding a small stone against the disk rotor but the sound lags on even once you straighten up and take load of that tire. It seems to lag on for at least a few seconds afterwards and always seems to be for the same length of time, vehicle speed doesnt alter this noise, I can be going 20km or 120km and it will be the same regardless. I was told by toyota that after fitting the bigger wheels and kit it was putting a little more pressure on wheel bearings etc and was nothing to worry about but if that was the case, the noise would correspond to vehicle speed and shouldnt lag on after I straighten up. Seems to be worse when I'm going down a hill (more weight on the front of the ute).
The second thing that has become more frequent is my vsc kicking in on the easiest of corners, but going around a left hand corner it will brake the front right wheel, pulling me over the center line! I can throw the vehicle into a corner quite hard and it wont do anything silly but then out of the blue it will play up on the easiest of corners, seems to be more common if I'm coming into a corner and chopping down a gear (manual) as I enter...
Another note, the whining noise I described earlier, it doesn't matter if I corner left or right, the noise seems to be coming from under the hood drivers side somewhere.
If anyone has had a similar problem or can even suggest something to check, itll be much appreciated. Before I put the kit in and bigger tires I'm sure it wasnt this bad, definitely not the vsc thing.
Thanks in advance for any help, cheers.
BuildersLux15

Re: 2015 sr cornering noise and sensetive vsc

Postby kickinback on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 10:19 +0000

I get this all the time when I put the mud tyres on. You just don’t realise how much the tyres slip when driving. I put the road tyres back on and the problem goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kickinback

Re: 2015 sr cornering noise and sensetive vsc

Postby DeadlyBeast on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 10:29 +0000

Something not right there
Have used 265/75/16s and 285/75/16s no problems

Assuming you have checked for a stone in the disc stone guards...

Have you jacked the front wheels up and checked any play in the bearings?

What wheel offset are the rims?

Have you had a good wheel alignment from a reputable shop?
DeadlyBeast

Return to Electrical