intermittant remote wont lock unlock plus...

intermittant remote wont lock unlock plus...

Postby Kata on Thu, 24 Jan 2019 7:57 +0000

sorry for the long winded post.

the remote randomly wont lock/unlock(2012 sr5 auto hilux).
did it about 2 weeks ago while at surfers paradise). I got in with the key, hilux starts and runs and I also noticed that the *interior lights weren't working,
*the clock was reset and
*the odometer trip computer A& B were reset.

while driving back to Brisbane I would push the map lights and sometimes they would come on and sometimes not.

the next morning I had a snoop and found that the negative battery terminal was not tight, so I tightened it(Toyota had replaced battery 4-5 months ago.

Over the next week or so all was good, like it never happened till we got to nelson bay 4 days ago. pulled up at a restaurant and remote wouldn't lock, so locked it with the key. by the time we got back to the kids with wife and kids all was working again, including unlocking with key remote.

Drove to Sydney over next few days and all good until we pulled up at a hotel in Canberra 2 days ago where again wouldn't lock with remote. In the morning after the stay again wouldn't unlock with remote.
Opened with key reset clock and continued, pulled up at Canberra AIS for a tour and all was good.

Drove from Canberra yesterday back to Melbourne and pulled up for fuel at a stop and all was good.
Pull up to grab some dinner for the clan in Melbourne and the same again , no remote, clock gone, no interior lights and trip reset.

Went out this morning and the gremlin is still there.

BTW every time the remote key doesn't work(lock or unlock) there is no:

1.interior light or map lights
2. clock has reset to 1.00
3. odometer trip A and B have reset.

any ideas?
ta
Kata

Re: intermittant remote wont lock unlock plus...

Postby Kata on Thu, 24 Jan 2019 9:06 +0000

reseated the 7.5A fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay and it is again working, so I swapped it out with the spare 10A and still good.

Anybody else have had this intermittent issue.
Kata

Re: intermittant remote wont lock unlock plus...

Postby Critter350 on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 5:39 +0000

No I haven’t, but will know where to start looking now if I do! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Critter350

Return to Electrical