Dual Battery Isolator Location

Dual Battery Isolator Location

Postby mod77 on Mon, 02 Feb 2009 6:42 +0000

Hi

I am about to install a Piranha DBE 180s system and would like some advice on the best place to mount the unit.

Any advice / assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers
mod77

Re: Dual Battery Isolator Location

Postby davis.16 on Sat, 07 Mar 2009 6:51 +0000

between the factory battery and you dual batt :D

No i have been wondering the same thing. i have not yet put a dual batt in thats on my to do list for this week. i am thinking that i will modify the way that the 2nd battery is held to the tray and mound the isolator off the top of the dual batt in the direction of the fuel pump. hard to explain and harder to understand. i will post some pics once complete.

Cheers Sam
Yes this is my ute...... No i won't help you move house.
davis.16

Re: Dual Battery Isolator Location

Postby Matthew on Sun, 08 Mar 2009 10:30 +0000

I also have the DBE180s. I initially had mine mounted on the drivers side wall of the engine bay. As I wanted to fit a compressor I had to move it. I made a stainless steel bracket to fit onto the ARB dual battery tray and mounted the unit on that. I 'aint no auto electrician but apparently it is better closer to the batteries, where I now have it. Check out my profile for photos. If you need more, let me know. By the way I initially had a Piranha battery tray but it had no where to mount the stainless steel bracket, so got the ARB tray.

Cheers,

Matt
Matthew

Return to Electrical