What Driving Lights for ARB Deluxe Bar?

What Driving Lights for ARB Deluxe Bar?

Postby TBJ on Fri, 30 Nov 2018 7:28 +0000

After a few too many close calls with roos since I bought my SR5, I have remembered why I had Spotties on my last ute, I had the Kings cheapo LED lights on my last one, but I'm wanting to buy a decent set for the Lux, what do you guys recommend as a good set for as little for the two as I can get away with preferably but still quality and let me see good distance? Narva? Lightforce? HID? LED? Halogen?
-2013 MY12 SR5 3.0D4D Manual 4x4 Dual Cab
TBJ

Re: What Driving Lights for ARB Deluxe Bar?

Postby memokab93 on Sun, 02 Dec 2018 6:26 +0000

Look no further. Quality lights. Outshines ALL of the big name brands without the price tag.
https://www.stedi.com.au/4x4-driving-li ... ights.html
memokab93

Postby TBJ on Tue, 04 Dec 2018 7:32 +0000

memokab93 wrote:Look no further. Quality lights. Outshines ALL of the big name brands without the price tag.

Cheers I'll definitely have a look, look to be decent quality for the money, pretty comparable to the Narva 215 LEDs for almost 1/2 the price.

out of curiosity how hard is it to set them up myself, as someone who hasn't done much in the way of electrical work?
-2013 MY12 SR5 3.0D4D Manual 4x4 Dual Cab
TBJ

Postby Myralga on Thu, 06 Dec 2018 7:07 +0000

TBJ wrote:
memokab93 wrote:Look no further. Quality lights. Outshines ALL of the big name brands without the price tag.

Cheers I'll definitely have a look, look to be decent quality for the money, pretty comparable to the Narva 215 LEDs for almost 1/2 the price.

out of curiosity how hard is it to set them up myself, as someone who hasn't done much in the way of electrical work?

To answer that can be a little difficult 2005-2015 toyota swapped and changed a few times between positive and negative switched lights. If you own a multimeter and know how to use it. By all means you will know what to do. But if your not confident figuring out a negative switching circuit just get a auto elec to do your wiring and save yourself the heart ache.
As for what brand. I run a stedi light bar as a back up. I am a fan of its value for money.
As for true distance lights I run a deep dish HID (lightforce HTX or the XGT HID) but I think you might have clearance issues with the xgt.
And don’t think that because Halogen lights are old design that they are no good. The warm yellow lights a lot easier on the eyes then the harsh white/blue light you can get with cheap LED.
I ran 6 Lightforce XGTs on a old lux in halogen as the warm yellow light reflects better off brown and grey colours (aka most native animals fur colour.)
I will admit I’m very interested by bushrangers new product “variable light intensity” spot lights. Basically a led that you can dim rather then simply on or off.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Myralga

Return to Electrical