I know it's not a hilux but......

I know it's not a hilux but......

Postby HiaceAdam on Sun, 01 Apr 2018 5:23 +0000

Hey guys,

So I have a 1kd Hiace.... there seems to be a heap of knowledge on this site so thought I'd ask here...

So this mission started with a P0046 code, after messing with the arm that controls the veins i realized it was binding at fully open and fully closed. I bought a brand new genuine turbo and stepper motor ect fitted it up and all was happy days for 200km.

Then I got a intermittent limp mode and the code I pulled was a P00AF (34) on cel flashing. I have so far, swapped out the stepper motor (in case the new item was faulty from factory) traced and checked all wires from the turbo to the turbo driver and to the ecu (continuity and resistance) Pulled and cleaned the egr valve (which had huge carbon build up)
The cel is now constant, so what ever was on its way out has died. I'm leaning towards the turbo driver ecu (or whatever you want to call it) Is there anyway to bench test these units? My Hiace is a Import and the part number on my "driver, turbo motor" is 89878-26010. Any info anyone has would be much appreciated as I'm about to kill this van with fire!!!!
HiaceAdam

Return to Electrical