Aftermarket Steering Wheel Control

Aftermarket Steering Wheel Control

Postby juzzbott on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:04 +0000

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find what I need by searching sorry.

I've got an aftermarket Sony head unit, which I've just fitted into my 2010 Hilux SR. This head unit has the plug for the steering wheel controls, the 3.5mm audio plug type. From the Areopro website, I've got the following adapter cable to fit the head unit: https://aerpro.com/apsona

However, the plug is way to small to fit the standard wiring loom behind my dash to then wire up the steering wheel controls. Ideally I want to avoid any cutting and joining of cables, but I also really want these controls to work. The other issue is that there is 4 cables in the car wiring loom, and only 3 in the patch lead, and they are all different colours, so I don't know where to go from here.

Any help would be awesome, thanks :)

Cheers,
Justin
juzzbott

Re: Aftermarket Steering Wheel Control

Postby krayzie on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:15 +0000

have you had a look at the Aerpro ASWC1 Steering Wheel Control Interface
krayzie

Re: Aftermarket Steering Wheel Control

Postby Hazy64 on Thu, 24 Aug 2017 1:44 +0000

When I got my steering control harness for my 2011 hilux it didn't match the plugs behind the dash.Found out my Hilux has the 2012 on wiring harness so had to pay to send the old harness back and get the other type. At least they sent it air freight overnight back and didn't charge me any extra. Plugged in and steering control works perfect.
Hazy64

Return to Electrical