Pirahna Spot Light Wiring Loom With Mouse Switch

Pirahna Spot Light Wiring Loom With Mouse Switch

Postby Torsion on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 8:35 +0000

These Pirahna wiring looms, do they work correctly on the lux's or do they require modifying due to this negative thingo.

Also what is the go with these mouse switches, I can't get the thing to work properly at all. Are they worth the hasle??
Torsion

Re: Pirahna Spot Light Wiring Loom With Mouse Switch

Postby rodw on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 4:17 +0000

Torison, have a look at this thread and follow the wiring back to the numbered terminals on the relay. I know it works, because I followed it over the weekend. Seems that the negative switching the Hilux uses requires the low voltage circuit to be bridged between two of the headlight wires. Normally you would wire it from one wire to earth.

Can't help you with the switch other than to say it goes between the red-yellow wire and the relay... If there are a couple of extra wires on it, they will probably be for dash lights. There is a dashlight wire on the cig lighter that is easy to get to. I spliced into it for the dash lights.

See my Rod's New Rig Thread in my Sig below for a bit more info about how I did mine.
rodw

Postby Torsion on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 7:48 +0000

Thanks Rod, afer tracing the wiring config (on the Pirhana Wiring Loom) I actually had 85 and 86 arse about - fixed that.

Now for the Mouse switch itself. The Mouse switch I have has three wires, Red, White and Black.
I always thought the black was a earth for the illumination of the switch, but after reading your post I realised one of the three is actually for dash pick up lighting.

Corrected thnaks for the advice Rod.
Torsion

Postby rodw on Mon, 24 Nov 2008 7:59 +0000

Good you fixed it. You got to thank Richard for the original post not me. I think that the polarity is important with negative switching from something else that was said in another post.

Installed another 2 relays today. Made one positive swithced and the other negative switched for different reasons. Used Negative switching for a pressure pump with a switch on the bull bar. Figured that way, a short due to water would not be a major issue as there is no power down there in an exposed area. The compressor I made positive switched.
rodw

Return to Electrical