Factory Cruise Control for SR D4D Auto

Re: Factory Cruise Control for SR D4D Auto

Postby Spitfia on Fri, 31 May 2019 6:34 +0000

Switch looks right part number should be 88280-42010 check for any plug that is taped up out of the way could be on opposite side of pedal box from othe reports

Make sure you make note of the adjustment screw before you remove to put the switch in or it will be really disorienting to use if it is out by much
YOU LOOKIN AT MY EYE?!!!
MY10 2011 SR Hilux DC, Steinbauer Module, 2" lift, BFG AT 265/75R16 etc. etc. etc.
Spitfia

Postby D_Force on Tue, 05 May 2020 4:29 +0000

Is this still alive??
D_Force

Postby Moiv on Mon, 15 Jun 2020 3:43 +0000

D_Force wrote:Is this still alive??

I am about to attempt this on my vehicle. So far it looks good, just waiting for the Ebay stalk to arrive
Moiv

Postby Critter350 on Fri, 19 Jun 2020 7:16 +0000

Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Critter350

Postby Moiv on Sat, 20 Jun 2020 10:10 +0000

Unfortunately the post is slow on the ebay cruise stalk but I hooked up an LED to the ECU cruise indicator pin and earthed the cruise wire at the steering wheel and the LED came on so I'm pretty sure I'm good to go.
Found the clutch switch already on the clutch but not connected. Found the wiring on the trans tunnel for the clutch switched and tested it and it goes to ECU clutch switch pin so I'm as confident as can be without actually finishing it that it's all going to work.

Anything in particular you want to know?
Moiv

Postby Moiv on Tue, 23 Jun 2020 10:32 +0000

Hi All,
I'm wondering if anyone knows the wiring part number that goes from the clutch switch to the ECM floor wire?
There is a 2 pin plug on the trans tunnel that connects to the clutch cancel pin on the ECU so I need the wire that runs from that to the clutch switch itself

Secondly I need to add a pin to the ID3 plug behind the glove box. Does anyone know a part number or where to get the pins for these plugs?
The cruise control earth wire on the steering column comes to this plug. I would rather add a pin to the plug here and earth it with the ECU than tap in to the wires on the steering column, to keep the job neater and technically correct.
The pin is in the grey connector fixed to the car so I need to add it's partner to the plug itself (circled in red)

Thanks
Moiv

Postby jono80 on Thu, 06 May 2021 4:42 +0000

The cruise control earth wire on the steering column comes to this plug. I would rather add a pin to the plug here and earth it with the ECU than tap in to the wires on the steering column, to keep the job neater and technically correct.

How'd your install go @Moiv? I know it was a while ago...

I'm about to do the same to a 2010 manual Hilux (KUN 1KD-FTV) - it doesn't have the clutch switch fitted. I've tested by jumpering the clutch switch connector and verified in Techstream that the ECU sees the clutch switch and two brake switches. I grounded the 'CCS' (E5-21) wire and can turn the cruise control on, then grounded it through a 680 ohm resistor while driving at 50km/h, the cruise control worked fine and controlled the speed (no indicator on the instrument cluster though).

I ordered and received the clutch switch from the local Toyota parts counter (#88280-42010) and a cruise stalk from Aliexpress (still waiting for this to arrive). The clutch switch plugs in fine but it doesn't look like the wire will be long enough so I might have to extend it if I can't get any more length by cutting it out of the harness.

I expect i'll be missing the 'ECC' ground through the clock spring so will try and ground it at the gray connector next to the ECU like you suggested. Did you find the right pin part for this connector? On mine the green wire in the plug (pin 13) doesn't have a corresponding pin in the socket so I will probably de-pin this and and re-use it to ground the ECC.

Has anyone modded their instrument cluster to get the cruise indicator working? I can see it's position when shining a torch at the cluster. I will tackle that one last, either solder a LED into the factory position or drill a hole in the side of the cluster and poke a LED in that way.
jono80

Postby jono80 on Sat, 08 May 2021 1:59 +0000

clutch switch from the local Toyota parts counter (#88280-42010)

Tried to fit this but it's not the right part, it's too long and the spring above hits it when you press the clutch... anyone know the correct part number?

Or, if anyone has a manual with factory cruise control could you take a photo of the clutch switch?

Thanks,

Jono
jono80

Postby jono80 on Sun, 23 May 2021 3:54 +0000

Just updating this in case it's useful to someone in future.

It seems that the manuals with factory cruise control have a different pedal assembly with the clutch switch on the side (shown on the right in the photo below).

My pedal (middle in the picture) is completely different so I bent up a bit of metal and mounted a microswitch to it (left in the picture). This works fine and seems to be the way aftermarket cruise control systems do it, so I don't think it will cause any problems.

The stalk etc. from AliExpress arrived, it's all fitted and working, the quality is pretty good.

No ground present at the steering wheel as expected, it goes back to pin 9 on the gray connector next to the ECU. The green wire in pin 13 isn't used for anything on my ute (no corresponding pin in the socket) so I de-pinned it, cut the green wire off and connected it to ground, then installed it in position 9. The cruise stalk then worked fine.

Took it for a test drive, no issues except for the missing cruise indicator on the instrument cluster, will tackle that next.
jono80

Postby Critter350 on Sat, 29 May 2021 1:56 +0000

Good stuff Jono, this is on my to do list so appreciate you posting the details.
Have a link to the cruise stalk on ali?

Critter350

Postby jono80 on Sat, 29 May 2021 7:41 +0000

Have a link to the cruise stalk on ali?

This is the seller I got mine from: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000743534670.html

There are a bunch of options on that listing, 'green' was the right one for my Hilux
jono80

Postby jono80 on Sun, 04 Jul 2021 1:06 +0000

Finally got around to the cruise LED in the instrument cluster, the space for it is there (shine a torch at the cluster and you can see the CRUISE lettering) but the LED / resistor wasn't populated. It was a bit of messing around but not too bad if you have a bit of soldering experience. Be careful as the clear plastic is brittle, take ESD precautions etc. There are a few videos on YouTube showing how to remove the cluster and take it apart down to the PCB.

Then it's a matter of soldering in a suitable LED and current limiting resistor. I had a strip of green LED tape that looked about the right colour, I unsoldered LEDs from this. I ended up going with a 10k ohm resistor as the brightness with these LEDs was about right. You don't have to use surface mount components, I did because I had them on hand already.

The result is pretty good, looks factory.

jono80

Postby Critter350 on Tue, 20 Jul 2021 7:48 +0000

Top job Jono.

Critter350

Postby Shafiq736 on Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:48 +0000

reallyxxxxxxloud wrote:There is no way it is as simple as adding a stalk. I fit OEM type (stalk is exact) cruise controls for the AP Eagers Group. They are one of the biggest Toyota dealer networks out there. I do about 5 Hilux's a week. If it could be done they would already be doing it. If any one wants info on my cruise PM me please.

Hi I’m new here. I need help hilux 2008 don’t factory wiring for Cruise control
I have added 4 wires from ECU E5 21, E6 3, and E6 10 and Ground wire. But it’s not working please advise.
E5 21 no voltage.
Shafiq736

Postby Shafiq736 on Fri, 29 Apr 2022 1:25 +0000

olcoolone wrote:The two extra wires are to do with the drive by wire go pedal.

It is to do with the fail safe circuit that checks the excellerator components for any malfunctions.

The cruise control only has two wires, an earth and a signal wire to the ECU.

The cruise control relies on different resistive values to alter the signal from the switch to the ECU.

You also have to enable the ECU to accept the input.

Regards Richard

Hi, please can advise how to Enable ECU ?
Shafiq736

Postby jexhed on Wed, 17 May 2023 1:45 +0000

I'm using this old thread in an attempt to get cruise working on my 11/2006 hilux using a cruise control stalk. I'm not having any luck getting cruise to turn on using an earth on what I think is ECU pin A21. I've temporarily connected the brown & black pair from the cruise stalk to Eth & A21 but it's not working. Could someone advise if the top plug on the ECU behind the glove box is the "A" plug?

https://imghostr.net/image/f4F0Y
jexhed

Previous

Return to Electrical