Remote Central Locking not Working

Re: Remote Central Locking not Working

Postby Jim... on Wed, 03 Jan 2018 7:47 +0000

nwfisho1 wrote:G'day,
My 08 SR5 did this to me tonight. All was working perfectly and when I pulled up at a mates house I noticed my interior light not working so popped the cover off, gave the globe a twist and it started working. Put the cover on and jumped out to lock the car only to find the remote didn't work and interior light was still on. Opened the door, popped the cover off the light and the globe was REALLY hot, starting to burn almost. Used a key to pop it out and I think that the part that holds the globe in was touching the metal above the globe causing a short. After I pulled he globe out the key still didn't work so checked fuse (number 23) 7.5 and it was not blown but swapped to be sure. After I got home I tried my other remote key and it didn't work either. I'm worried that the 'short' in the interior light has somehow damaged something on the same circuit and therefore not allowing my remotes to unlock or lock the car.

Any ideas guys?

I've had almost the exact same thing does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
Jim...

Previous

Return to Electrical