Factory reverse sensor buzzer removal

Factory reverse sensor buzzer removal

Postby wideawake on Thu, 14 Jun 2012 4:33 +0000

Hi guys,

Greetings from Malaysia.

I just installed a new rear steel bumper to my Hilux and had to remove the reverse sensor that is integrated to the license plate (2005 model). The wires were cut from the sensor. The problem I have now is that whenever I put it in reverse, the buzzer will scream to the max like you're about to hit something. I'm thinking of replacing the sensor with an aftermarket unit and was told that it won't work with the factory wiring.

My questions are:
1. How do I disable the factory reverse sensor?
2. I was thinking of removing the buzzer, but I'm not sure if the same buzzer is also used as the "headlight on" warning in case someone forgets to switch off the headlight.

Thanks.
Azli
wideawake

Re: Factory reverse sensor buzzer removal

Postby fighter69x on Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:28 +0000

wideawake wrote:Hi guys,

Greetings from Malaysia.

I just installed a new rear steel bumper to my Hilux and had to remove the reverse sensor that is integrated to the license plate (2005 model). The wires were cut from the sensor. The problem I have now is that whenever I put it in reverse, the buzzer will scream to the max like you're about to hit something. I'm thinking of replacing the sensor with an aftermarket unit and was told that it won't work with the factory wiring.

My questions are:
2. I was thinking of removing the buzzer, but I'm not sure if the same buzzer is also used as the "headlight on" warning in case someone forgets to switch off the headlight.

Thanks.
Azli

Hi Azli
After years, have you solved the screaming problem?
Mind to share?
fighter69x

Re: Factory reverse sensor buzzer removal

Postby Rob_Wood on Mon, 21 Aug 2023 1:39 +0000

fighter69x wrote:
wideawake wrote:Hi guys,

Greetings from Malaysia.

My questions are:

Thanks.
Azli

Hi Azli
After years, have you solved the screaming problem?
Mind to share?

First time I've seen this post and it's not one I'm familiar with. All I can suggest is to try an aftermarket sensor. should only be a few small bills and you'd be right to go then.
Rob_Wood

Return to Electrical