Aftermarket cruise control

Postby Smithyworld on Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:50 +0000

Hey

In my new lux which is on order I am getting SCS Fridgette cruise control installed by Steve Calverley Security & Audio. THe control sits on the side of the steering wheel as per the factory option in the SR5 Auto. Apparently you cannot tell the difference between the original and the after-market. Cost is about $900 through Toyota but I am sure it would be cheaper direct through him. When I get it in early April I will post a pic for you.
Smithyworld

Postby Skeney on Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:50 +0000

Guys,

Just had the Aus Cruise fitted too.

Not well tested yet, but if all your comments are to go by it should be fine. Got the base model (all I need) and will use on the roads around WA regional primarily the Gascoyne (Shark Bay) and if any of you know what the roads are like north of Billabong Road House you'll know a cruise control is a god send...

Cheers

Skeney
Skeney

Postby Lancair on Fri, 14 Mar 2008 2:07 +0000

How accurate is the Aus Cruise ?. Whats the range at a speed speed ? ie: how many K's over and under the set speed will the cruise allow ?

My old suby forester was crap, as much as 10 k under set speed before powering up and easily allowed 10k over before reducing power if cresting a steepish hill. Whereas the "families" car, a 2006 Mazda6 is comparitively extremely accurate. If it went over or under by more than 2k's, it would be a very steep hill up or down that caused it. The mazda is drive by wire as is the lux so Im hoping it will be as good.

Andrew
Lancair

Postby Macca on Fri, 14 Mar 2008 5:25 +0000

Mine struggles a bit with controlling speed when hills are involved, I have put it down to power, In 5th it has trouble maintaining speed then over runs at the crest. Put it in 4th gear and it is much improved, I cannot wait till next week to see what the chip does. I reckon it will make 5th alot more "cruise friendly"
On relatively flat road it would not change 1klm in any gear.
Macca
Macca

Previous

Return to Electrical