Steering Wheel Control Interface

Steering Wheel Control Interface

Postby RogerRamjet on Sun, 27 Apr 2014 1:45 +0000

Hey guys. I installed a Pioneer headunit in my 2011 Hilux DC.

I bought a universal steering wheel control interface (PAC SWI-RC) from amazon.com

In the reviews, one person mentions he installed it in a hilux, so I know it works.

The problem I have is that there are no instructions for fitting it in a hilux. I have no idea how to connect the wires, since the harnesses, wiring on the harnesses, and resistors used are all different from each car and year model.

Anyone here have any luck with this?
RogerRamjet

Re: Steering Wheel Control Interface

Postby Ryanostrd on Sun, 27 Apr 2014 5:43 +0000

Roger,
I bought a similar interface (can't remember if it was PAC) when I installed my dvd head unit in my hilux.
It was extremely easy though as mine literally plugged into the factory toyota harness after you removed it from stock deck and then straight into the new head unit. I bought it from an australian auto electrical store on ebay and it has worked perfectly. I even got another one from them and installed it on my commodore ute to use the steering controls and that was the same process.
I would have a look at getting a different one if that isnt a simple plug and play as it can easily go wrong pulling apart factor harnesses.
Either that or maybe get hold of a diagram from the manufacturer (PAC?) and one from toyota.
"Ain't nothing like the fine whine of a supercharger"
Ryanostrd

Postby RogerRamjet on Mon, 28 Apr 2014 4:44 +0000

Thanks for that.

Was it this one by any chance?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Hilux-Fa ... 5d4aead683
RogerRamjet

Postby lippa88 on Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:56 +0000

I just installed a Pioneer unit in my 12' SR5. I got an Aeropro Steering Wheel Harness. Everything works, just the the "seek" buttons dont change tracks, they change folders. For example, playing from the USB if you have multiple folders of music it just cycles threw them. Even with bluetooth audio i cannot change tracks.

Disappointed. Has anyone modified one as yet??

BTW for the newer hilux's this is the leed required by the above link http://www.ebay.com/itm/CTSTY002-2-TOYO ... 5d452115fb

Part No: CTSTY002.2. I wonder if this is setup differently from the Aeropro?
lippa88

Postby tobinc on Sun, 25 Oct 2020 12:30 +0000

lippa88 wrote:I just installed a Pioneer unit in my 12' SR5. I got an Aeropro Steering Wheel Harness. Everything works, just the the "seek" buttons dont change tracks, they change folders. For example, playing from the USB if you have multiple folders of music it just cycles threw them. Even with bluetooth audio i cannot change tracks.

Disappointed. Has anyone modified one as yet??

BTW for the newer hilux's this is the leed required by the above link http://www.ebay.com/itm/CTSTY002-2-TOYO ... 5d452115fb

Part No: CTSTY002.2. I wonder if this is setup differently from the Aeropro?

I just installed my 2011 3.0 SR Hilux steering controls with aerpro CHTO15c
Aerpro wanted me to get the 2011 pack but missing the 16pin plug, so i got the 2012 version CHTO15c.
Note: I had to purchased Spiral Cable Clock Spring that has steering controls plug. the spiral cable came with additional earth wire spare for the horn.

ONLY VOLUME UP & DOWN, TRACK BACK AND FORWARD, VOLUME UP AND VOLUME DOWN, MIC, SOURCE ARE WORKING.
LUM light working left handside.

ASWER CALL, HUNG UP DO NOT WORK.
NOTE: MAKE SURE YOUR STERRING WHEEL SETTING IN YOUR HEAD UNIT HAS BEEN ACTIVATED.

I AM HAPPY WITH IT.
tobinc

Return to Electrical