Protex parts thoughts and review

Gearboxs, Transfers, Tailshafts, Diffs, axles and CVs

Protex parts thoughts and review

Postby Izzyz on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 7:18 +0000

Hey guys, im the proud new owner of an 08 Sr5 and this is my first post on this forum. I just wanted to see if anyone had used Protex parts as i have just purchased complete brake kits and new front drive shafts made by this company.

They are aussie owned but am unaware of where they are made.

Will be doing a trip to Qld from Sydney during the christmas break and plan on doing a review when i return.

My current brakes and shafts have seen better days but i will be putting the new stuff to the test.

If anyone has any experience with these products or thoughts id like to hear about it. Thanks
Izzyz

Re: Protex parts thoughts and review

Postby pete.chivers18 on Sat, 16 Dec 2017 9:12 +0000

brakes will be sweet but front cv geniune is the way to go there the best and work the best for lifts aswell from toyota they are about 800 each last time i got a price but go to a wreakers and get a good second hand set
pete.chivers18

Re: Protex parts thoughts and review

Postby Izzyz on Mon, 18 Dec 2017 6:37 +0000

Thanks for the advice Pete, it seems the way to go as i have received the exact response from people i know with hilux's.

Unfortunately I've already put the protex axles in. Will let you guys know how i find them.

For anyone looking for a new set of axles, i got them quoted for $477 from noble Toyota in Sydney.
Izzyz

Return to Drive Train Components