New and overwhelmed

New and overwhelmed

Postby archered on Tue, 09 Feb 2016 12:43 +0000

Hi Folks,

I recently bought a 2014 SR D4D Hilux and researching options bought me to this forum. Congratulations on the site - there is a huge amount of info here and plenty of helpful members keen to share info/experience etc.

My Hilux is ex-government and fitted with a bull-bar and tow-bar but otherwise seems to be standard SR with 17x6 wheels and 225/70R/17 tyres.

The Hilux is to be used primarily to get around the country (both the missus and I are lucky enough to have jobs that allow us to travel) but we hope to get off road and spend a fair bit of the time out of towns and cities camping, so lots to do (and money to spend!) before we are decently kitted out.

I am still working through the modifications that I would like but first ports of call would be wider tyres and a canopy. Struggling through the wheel-tyre options but have found a lot of useful info already on the forum - so much to read! I love a roof-top tent although have never owned one (previously owned a 90 Defender and a 100 Series Landcruiser but never got around to modifying them much at all). I am undecided about the canopy configuration at the moment but am keen to put roof racks on to carry a bike and/or kayak.
As you can see, lots to figure out and decide.

Looking forward to learning plenty from the forum.

Ed
archered

Re: New and overwhelmed

Postby NZMarkb on Tue, 09 Feb 2016 1:17 +0000

Welcome on board mate
Looks like your on the right track and have been reading and searching before asking
There are heaps of things you can do for free or next to nothing that will improve usability
Seat belt beeper
Key alarm
Back seat mod

Good luck and keep us posted :D
If your not prepared to stand behind our Troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb
Platinum Subscriber

Re: New and overwhelmed

Postby TOYZX on Tue, 09 Feb 2016 5:56 +0000

Welcome mate! Happy modding!
TOYZX